Sunday, August 7, 2011

Down to my last few minutes...

I am going to bed in a little bit, and when I wake up, it will be the first day of school.

I feel surprisingly okay with it, knowing that I am ready and that there is a lot to look forward to. Mostly the fact that I get a day off at the end of august, and either we are driving up to Fresno or fam is coming here over labor day. Plus, I like the holidays of fall, going to oak glen and picking apples and wearing sweatshirts. The hardest part of going back to school is usually the first few days and weeks, until we get a rhythm down. I am trying not to stress about it, to realize how fast time really does go by (hard to believe ths will be the 7th time I get a new class full of students going!) and to just enjoy the little humans that are so excited to experience real school for the first time.

Everything is made more wonderful by the fact that I had a real professional massage on Friday (our principals treated us because of how great our kids did on state testing-- we were so shocked!) and I am submitting this blog entry on my new-to-me iPad (thanks mom g and aunt Judy!!)!

I am going to go pack me and john's lunches and lay out my new outfit for tomorrow. Here's hoping I have a good night's sleep, free of dreams about losing students, showing up late and not knowing where anything is!

1 comment:

kimblades said...

A new Ipad! That's great!