So, I guess I have been putting pictures, but not too many words.
This simple reason is that they don't come to me quite like they used to.
All I can say is that I am SO glad I don't have any pressing reason to be smart right now, because it would be really difficult for me. :)
Things are going really well. Owen sleeps through the night every night, and is a lot more flexible during the day. I have been able to take him places I have needed to go, without incident. I wore him in the Moby at Target and when he woke up crying, I calmly fed him as we walked around. (It was also during this trip that I drank someone else's tea at Starbuck's, though.) I took him to the chiropractor (more on that later) with me yesterday, and it ended up being a longer appointment than I had thought. He did great, and only got a little fussy. I don't worry about leaving him with John or taking him with us anywhere like I used to, because I know we can handle it if he gets upset.
He also does much better in worship, and is able to sit in the auditorium for small increments of time.
Probably the hardest part is that he wants to be held all day when we are at home. He falls asleep really easily when it is time, but as soon as I lay him down he wakes up. Sometimes he is fine laying by himself, but other times I can't set him down. For example, right now, I was holding him to get him to go to sleep while I was uploading pictures for blog entries. I wanted to use both hands to type, so I decided to try laying him in his carseat which is right next to the couch. He woke up as soon as I laid him down, but has laid there chewing on his hand and cooing for about 15 minutes. I know it won't last much longer, as his sounds are getting whinier, but this is more progress than yesterday, when I had to stand outside much of the afternoon because he didn't like sitting or being inside. I don't mind it right now, especially because I can lay him down in his bed at night and he falls asleep, and because I know he won't always want me to hold him.
He is REALLY busy and active and always moving his hands and feet. I know that when he can move on his own, he will just be gone, so I am trying to enjoy hold him now.
I was glad that when Justin and Kelly and John's parents were down here the last 2 weekends he was was much more easy going and less fussy. It seems like every time they have seen him he has been inconsolable (probably just my imagination) so it was nice that they were all able to hold him and actually enjoy him.
It seems like I should be able to talk about something other than Owen, but I am finding it hard to think of anything!
I downloaded the new John Mayer album a few weeks ago, and I really like it. He seems to have matured, now I just want him to get married to someone not famous and write songs about being in love and having babies.
I also made my summer playlist on my Ipod and it makes me happy. I always look for songs that are happy and fun and upbeat and play them when we are on our way to the beach, or when I am going for a walk. This year it has song my Mat Kearney, Brett Dennen, Lenka and Sara Bareilles. Sara Bareilles makes me think back to the summer that I met John, feeling so happy and carefree that I always have to include her on my summer playlist.
I have been TRYING so hard to eat healthy and to exercise the last 2 weeks. I feel so like I am back to my normal self except for my body and that is frustrating. I feel like I have already been through a weightloss journey in my life and it feels unfair to think that I have to go through it again. I am trying really hard not to feel frustrated or hopeless because the work I have been doing doesn't seem to have had any effect. I know that it will take time, but I just want the weight gone, and I don't want to be patient. I need to work on this...
Well, my time is up, he is done with being in his carseat, and it is time to pick him up.
Let's see how long it is before I try to type something again...
No comments:
Post a Comment