Maybe because things have just been normal- not wierd, not bad, not funny, not extremely exciting. It might be wierd to say, but it has kind of been nice for things to be equal pasqual as Ricky Ricardo would say.
Here are just a few things, though (in no particular order):
- doing testing, report cards and conferences was not hard this year! I finally feel like I have the hang of it, and it wasn't a surprise like it usually is ("Wait, what tests do we give them?" "When are report cards due?" "What should I say about this kid in his comment?" "How do I use the report card maker program?" etc. etc. etc.). I tested the kids, gathered the data and scored everything in enough time to make report cards. Everyone was pretty good about signing up for conferences, and was really understanding even when I was saying hard things about their kids. I am glad it is over, but also glad it went well.
- we made Stone Soup on Friday for our Thanksgiving feast and the kids were really cute. At first they thought they were really going to eat rocks at school, but when they knew better, they had fun telling their parents how mean I was! I was really proud of the kids who gobbled up the veggies in the soup, and even prouder of the kids who were nervous but tried it anyway.
- We took Madison and Gracie to Disneyland a few Fridays ago, and then last Friday took Delaney to her play practice and picked her up. We really enjoy spending time with the kids, and it gives us something to look forward to on Friday nights.
- Tammy and JD came to visit us this weekend, and are leaving tomorrow. We won't be able to make it up there for Thanksgiving, so they came to see us. It has been fun, especially since they are able to stay longer. They had a few extra golden retriever puppies they weren't able to sell that they brought with them. Needless to say, we fell in love with them right away! Ibanez has taken a little longer to warm up to them, though!
- Me, my mom, Tammy and Aunt Judy went to see a taping on "The Bonnie Hunt Show" yesterday and it was really fun. It has been a long time since I went to see a show taped (mostly due to bad experiences trying to see Paul McCartney on Jay Leno...) but this was great. It was really well organized, and we didn't have to wait too long. We were bummed we didn't get a free gift, but I was excited to actually catch a tshirt thrown into the audience for once! We saw Scott Wolf, Michael Sheen, some olympic trampoline jumpers and the winner of Project Runway.
- I just finished ordering almost all of my Christmas presents, which is a first for me. I am actually really proud of myself. I am learning that putting a little thought into something in the beginning makes it easier in the end. Christmas is just one area where I am growing: my prayer/Bible study efforts, cooking, housework and encouragement have all been improving lately. I am trying to do a little everyday, and a lot on the weekends, so that everything gets done. I am sure that most people have already figured this out, or I already should have by now, but at least I have!
- I went with Madison, Delaney, Kim, Lori and Aunt Sue to see New Moon on Sunday night after church. I was a fan of the books (before anyone else was, by the way) but haven't really been into the movies or the actors. (Can "Edward" please wash and cut his hair, and can "Bella" please stop smoking so much pot and looking bored?) I liked this movie, though, and even though I know Bella and Edward are supposed to end up together, I am Team Jacob, all the way!
- I fell asleep watching "Star Trek" twice, but this does not mean it is not a good movie. It means I am an old woman.
- I continue to be in love with two Johns: one Bryson, and one Mayer. Obviously, one love is stronger, and you know, real, but Mr. Mayer has been with me through a lot. I am proud to say, though, that a lot of his new album is about being heartbroken and lonely, which finally DOES NOT apply to me. I like the new album, but it doesn't speak to me, quite as much as his others did. Maybe when he finally meets a nice girl (no one named jessica or jennifer) and has kids, I will have a little more in common with him again...
- As for the rest of this week, I am going to: go to Vroman's, decorate for Christmas, put all of my clothes away, read Pride Prejudice and Zombies, watch "Frontier House," put songs on my ipod for school, go to Ikea and sleep.
I think that is all for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment