Sunday, February 14, 2010

So I haven't been blogging lately because I have been addicted to my Ipod Touch.

I had been interested in/trepidatious about touch technology for a while. It was the first form on technology that kind of made me go HUH? I didn't naturally take to it right away, like I usually do with my "toys." My fears were unfounded though... As soon as I went to the Apple Store and found that they could go on the internet for freeing using WIFI, as well as play music and videos with better quality than our tv, I was hooked.
We came into some random money recently, so you can guess what our purchase was... I say "our" purchase, because John now gets my "old" Ipod. Almost like two for the price of one! :)



The "touch" part was much easier to get used to than I thought it would be. There is still a high frequency of hitting the wrong letter when typing, or scrolling in all directions, but I am getting better. So, if you get an email from me with things spelled wrong in wierd ways, or half finished, you will know why...


The exact definition of being redundant: sitting in front of a perfectly capable compuer on a hand held device. Our Verizon FiOS comes with WIFI in our house, which means my ipod is like a little mini laptop. I can also use it anywhere WIFI is provided, like Starbucks.

Even more redundant: using two devices to view the same Facebook page.

So yes, I am hooked. John is starting to hate it. I can check my email, celebrity-babies.com or people.com at any moment. I know what is on his facebook page before he does. I can play bookworm or watch a video while sitting next to him on the couch, in bed right before I go to sleep or as soon as I wake up... It is also pretty handy, though, when we are both squabbling over WHO was the ACTOR in THAT movie? No, not that guy, the other guy. The one that was in that other movie, yada yada yada. I just tap on my IMDB app and figure out the actor, the movie, the year and view the movie poster in 10 seconds, saving us from marital discord.



I thought it would be funny to include a progression, just for fun:

I still have my first Ipod, bought in 2004, I believe. It was a 20 gb , 3rd generation Ipod with a black and gray screen without a click wheel. It was roughly the size of a brick. My next Ipod was bought in 2007, this time a 30 gb with a color screen, a click wheel and a black cover. It is about half the size of my first Ipod. My newest one, obviously is touch. It is a 32 gb, and it can shuffle songs simply by shaking it. It has a better screen quality than our flatscreen tv. It has the capability to download and sync songs all by itself, without being hooked up to the computer. It has other capabilities that I don't even know about yet! Even more amazing, it is half the size of my 2nd Ipod, making it a quarter of the size of my first Ipod.



Something tells me that someday showing a kid a white ipod with no click wheel that can't get on the internet, read your mind, make a phonecall and fix your dinner for you will BLOW their mind.

No comments: