Today was the 100th day of school which is always exciting. The kids can't quite believe that they have been in school that long, and are doubly astonished that they have 80 more days to go. We do calendar activities everyday, where we keep track of how many days we have been in school, what the date/weather is, and other activities. It is never quite as exciting on any day other than today. Our 100th day activities included:
- eating one hundred foods. Each child got to count out 10 pieces of food from 10 bowls. The foods ranged from M & M's to cheerios to pretzels to goldfish crackers (hence the title of this entry).
- doing one hundred exercises and running outside for 100 seconds straight. This wore me out, especially after all the goldfish crackers.
- watching Emily's 100 days of school, which is as long and boring as it sounds. We probably won't do that again.
- somehow our School Spirit Pajama Day happened to coincide with our 100th day, so that added to the fun. All of the kids were in their pajamas. Strange how something as simple as wearing something in public that you would usually wear in bed can affect your entire mood, personality and sense of calm. Princess night dresses and Spongebob long johns definitely had their affect on Room 4 today, let me tell you.
- Our Sunshine Committee celebrated the 100th day with a complimentary Cereal Bar (as in a buffet of cereals, not an individual granola bar) before school. I indulged in Lucky Charms for breakfast, after which John called me a hypocrite since I will never buy this kind of cereal, even though it's his favorite. He says I owe him a box, or he is going to go renegade on me and start buying his own groceries.
- somehow I also got to join in with a few other teachers and wear shirts that listed the "top 100 things about Deer Canyon" that we made ourselves. Usually I dress as a team with Teri and Julie, but we decided to mix it up this time. We ended up winning the prize for best team representation of 100th day, which was pretty cool. I hope to have pictures!
Now, on a totally different note, we are off to Carmax to have our vehicles appraised. It is a long story, one that deserves a more focused telling if things go according to plan.
3 comments:
...sooooo did you REALLY eat *1000* Goldfish crackers, or was there an extra "0"--cuz running for 100 seconds after 1000 might leave you writhing on the floor. ;)
SO curious about the CarMax adventure. Considering we've been there twice in two months and left with two vehicles, I consider us regulars :)
@kalinda: I suppose I should be more honest- I was one of those means teachers who made the kids run while I just counted. While the 1000 goldfish was probably a hyperbolic estimate, I did eat quite a lot after school since the huge carton was sitting open next to me.
@Miranda: I am a full on champion of Carmax. Our story yesterday did have a happy ending, and I am looking forward to sharing the details!
Post a Comment