The things we did today have become a tradition, and in many ways, it was a normal spring-almost-summer Saturday with nothing to do. (Costa Mesa Swap meet, beach time, out to lunch, do a little shopping, go for a little drive, then home) As I was thinking it over during my Saturday night "Spa Time" (yes, I am exfoliated, moisturized and polished to perfection as we speak. My pores are open, my skin is glistening and my lips are tingling. Usually my favorite part of Saturday.) I found that I noticed a lot of small, yet unusual things that happened today.
- We were NOT efficient in getting on the road today, and I didn't panic. We needed to get gas, and before we could do that, we had to deposit John's paycheck. Both of these things required going in opposite direction of each other, plus not anywhere near heading towards Costa Mesa. To make things worst, the first ATM didn't work so we had to go even further, and we had to stop back by home after getting gas. Normally, this would really bother me. Today, it didn't. I didn't even notice what time it was, because I was too busy singing Bob Marley beach songs.
- I did not even touch a purse, tote or handbag while at the Swap meet. Usually I touch and model and try out every purse in every booth, and agonize over buying one. Surprisingly, I am really happy with my current purse, and didn't feel that I needed a new one. (Wow. I have never said that before.)
- I didn't buy anything. I really enjoyed browsing the jewelry and clothes and furniture, but didn't make an impulse purchase like I usually do.
- We found the perfect parking spot in Newport Beach, which lead to us finding the perfect, secluded spot to relax a bit.
- We both agreed on trying a new restaurant and both ordered whatever we wanted and both enjoyed everything. (This does not usually happen: usually John wants to something I don't want, and I complain about how much it costs. What happened today was much better.) I can highly recommend the Big Belly Deli on PCH in Newport for the food and the ambience.
- John ate sugar free and gluten free donut holes from an AMAZING market called "Mother's" in Santa Ana. (He liked them!) He even enjoyed browsing and taste testing some fun organic and natural products. I can't wait to go back there!
- When we got home, we both agreed at the same time that we should take the dogs for a walk. Another first: they all did a great job! No one tried to run away, no one pulled anyone's arm out of socket with a leash, and it was an enjoyable time.
- And then, the most amazing first of all... JOHN WENT TO THE GROCERY STORE BY HIMSELF. HE HELPED ME MAKE A LIST, and ONLY BOUGHT WHAT WAS ON THE LIST. HE MADE A CHOICE OF WHAT KIND OF TURKEY TO BUY. HE FOUND THE RIGHT BRAND OF YOGURT. HE DID NOT COMPLAIN and HE EVEN CAME HOME AND PUT EVERYTHING AWAY. Now, we all know that John is the best husband ever, that I am totally in love with him, that I can't live without him. But, these kinds of things are not his forte, and have never happened before. He has made a career of avoiding making lists, going places he has never been before (exotic places like the Library, or Kohl's, or the Doctor, or a museum, just to name a few) or doing things that he is "not supposed to do." He really enjoyed acting like it was no big deal, that he has just been teasing me all along, and, of course, there is nothing he can't do. Joke's on him, though, because now that I know he can, you can guess how often I will ask...
Fun times.
No comments:
Post a Comment