I promise that I will write Owen's birth story soon, but it is best told when John and I tell it together. I want to write it how we both tell it, but by the time John gets home neither of us are very interested in writing. I will get to it soon, and I hope it supplies lots of shocks and laughs. (It still does for us, to provide a teaser...)
For now, I want to share pictures of Owen's first days, when he had lots of visitors. He already looks so different, and I already feel so different. I was so flattered that so many people wanted to come see him, to know that he has so many people who love him already.
 |
| Pops and Gramma finally get to hold him. It is about 4:30 am here... |
 |
| The entire Blades family was first to arrive to meet him, even Bill came on his lunch break. |
 |
| Gracie said she would like to have her babies at this hospital someday. I can recommend it. |
 |
| She has been "Grammy" since Madison was born, but she was "Aunt Sue" long before that. I am bringing back this name for Owen's sake. Aunt Sue said she will start gathering quarters for Chuck E. Cheese immediately. |
 |
| Time with Daddy. He became an expert swaddler while in the hospital. |
 |
| Delaney got to come twice, once with Aunt Sue and once with her mom. She was among the first people John texted to announce that he was here. |
 |
| With Lori |
 |
| Emi didn't want to hold him at first, but was convinced. |
 |
| Vanessa asked me some questions about birth and how it felt, and I just remember trying to answer and I couldn't think of words. It was all still a blur at this point. |
 |
| with "Grandma Delena" |
 |
| Grammy Tammy got here as soon as we got home from the hospital |
 |
| with Gramma and Grammy |
 |
| with Grandpa JD |
 |
| Meeting the dogs: they tried to be gentle with him, but they pretty much wanted to lick him to death. I can't wait until he is big enough to play with them, and Mosrite can't either. He stands at the back door with a worried look on his face every time he cries. |
Looking at these pictures it feels like so long ago, but it was barely 2 weeks. I already feel so different, and it seems like he has grown so much. I know that everything will just keep changing and getting better and different, and I am trying to take in as many moments as I can.
I am SOOOO thankful for everyone who loves him and who has helped us out in these few weeks we have been a family of 3: John's parents came and stayed a few days and helped with cleaning, cooking and chores both inside and out. My mom has cleared her schedule and come and sat with us everyday since he has been here, and it has done so much for my peace of mind and emotional well being. Denise was nice enough to organize meals for John (shout out to the Woodsides, the Grahams, the Senkles, Aunt Sue, the Browns and the Ericksons for awesome dinners that he absolutely loved!) and Kim and Meg have made the most amazing healthy meals for me that have given me energy and made me feel like I am eating right again. People from school have been sending me loving and encouraging texts and emails and I have had long phonecalls with those who have been through this recently that have really helped me feel like I am not going crazy.
No comments:
Post a Comment