I am sure that is a pretty normal question for a first time mom to be asking, but it is really true. What DID we do before we had him? He is endlessly entertaining, and I know I am one of those pathetic mamas who thinks her baby is the cutest, best, funniest, smartest baby ever. (Except he really is all of those things...)
Sometimes it seems like I never leave the house, but as I looked back over these pictures, we have ventured out a few times, and have enjoyed our time together at home.
I already feel SO much better, mentally and physically, that sometimes looking at myself in these pictures made me feel like I was looking at a different person. For me, how I felt mentally and emotionally was the hardest part, and I am so glad that my mind feels so much more clear, and that I am a little less over react-y (I don't know if John would agree, yet!).
These are some of the pictures that we took of him over the last few weeks that I didn't use for his daily picture. Some of them are from the times that we did venture out, that I felt like it was such an accomplishment it deserved to be documented.
 |
| I made this hat for him, and I bought this onesie at the holiday boutique at school. |
 |
| This was his first time in the Moby, at maybe 2 weeks old? My mom pointed out that this was probably the first time she had heard me laugh since he had been born, but he was just so confused about where he was and his face was so cute. He is in the Moby as I type this, and it feels so different than it did then! |
 |
| Facetiming with Auntie Kate in Minnesota. So much for my anti-screen policy... |
 |
| I love his pose here. He was tired of taking pictures right after we took this one. |
 |
| Second time to church (he decided to scream the whole time) |
 |
| We visited Deer Canyon and had lunch with all of my ladies. Michele Rachielles is a known fearer of babies, so it was quite an accomplishment that she held him. She did a great job. |
 |
| We went with Justin and Kelly to Ontario Mills and In N Out for dinner. Miller hadn't paid too much attention to Owen all weekend, until they were riding in the truck next to each other. He was trying to hold his hand and talk to him. |
 |
| Walking around the mall with a one year old and a one month old felt like another huge accomplishment. I looked at us and couldn't believe we were two moms with our kids. |
 |
| He is starting to smile more and more, but still just at the air, or like he is stretching his face muscles. He does it most often after he is really full (what they call "Milk Drunk") or just about to fall asleep when his eyes are rolling around in his head. He is doing it more and more often, though, and I can't wait for him to look at us and smile for real. |
 |
| He really seemed like he recognized John when he came home from work the other day. |
 |
| His favorite place to be: in the hammock. If he is fussy any time of day going outside in the fresh air and bouncing and swinging always makes him relax. I have gotten really good at bringing a magazine and a drink out with me, because we are probably going to be bouncing out there for a while. It is good because it has made me get outside, and the weather has been so great lately. |
 |
(For some reason it won't let me rotate this pic)
We went to see my friend Jennifer one day, to meet her little girl Courtney. We were pregnant at the same time (in fact, she announced that she was just before school started last year, when I hoped I was pregnant but wasn't sure yet) and Courtney is about 4 weeks older than Owen. |
 |
| We met the Blades and Laurie and Abby Woodside at our park (so nice to have our own park right across the street!) for lunch one day this week. Owen seemed to love just laying in the grass looking around and feeling the breeze. I foresee spending lots of time there! |
 |
| Clockwise starting wtih Owen: Gracie, Luke, Dylan and Abby. |
 |
| Luke was so sweet laying next to Owen and talking to him. I tried hard not to get all weepy with Luke, but I spent so much time with his family when he was the same size and Owen, and I couldn't help thinking that so much of what I know about what to do with Owen came from practicing on Luke. I could probably start crying right now if I let myself think any more about it! :) |
So, overall, we are doing really well. I still get panicky sometimes, but I hope that is just the last remnant of hormones slowly working themselves out. He is sleeping really well (knock on wood!) and starting to be alert for longer periods during the day. He seems like he is eating a lot, and is getting heavier, which is a relief after spending the first few weeks of his life paying attention to ounces and hoping he was gaining weight.
1 comment:
:) I wish there was a bigger smile emoticon.
Post a Comment