Sunday, September 2, 2012

Old Camera Phone Pics

For some reason it occurred to me on Luke's 8th birthday that I had lots of pictures of him on my old phones. He was born during the time that I was done with college but not hired at a district yet, so I spent lots of time at Kim's house. Realizing that the little boy I used to cuddle is now a huge, sweet and funny 8 year old made me want to find those old pictures.

Of course, I couldn't find the phone that I was thinking about. It was my first one that could take pictures and I was so proud of it. I know it is somewhere.

Anyway, I found 2 other old phones and miraculously was able to remember where the USB adapter for the memory card was. The following are just a few of the 500+ pictures I found.

It really made me smile to look at these pictures, to remember where I was when I was taking them, and what I was doing. I feel like a completely different person now, from then, like the person then did not believe that "now" was even possible. The person taking these pictures was on the brink of huge changes and growth, and it is sweet to remember how that felt.

It is also kind of funny to think that there was a time in my life that my brain was not 100% consumed with Owen...



My first time to Pismo, riding a quad.
November, 2007

Dylan and Gracie playing around at Target

Luke at Woodstock's Pizza in SLO. He would have been 1 year old, and I honestly had to think for a minute if this was Caleb or Luke. :)

November 1, 2007
The first time John came to see me on his own, at the Grand Californian hotel. We would get engaged there 2 months later.

Hanging out at the Brysons. At first when I would go visit John I would stay with Melissa and we would hang out there. It began to be a pain for John to have to drive back and forth, and I still remember the first time John said "You should just stay here." I haven't stay at Melissa's house since. :)

Me and Luke at a Montclair Basketball game

The first time John ever saw Ibanez. I texted him this picture and said "Want her?" just kidding around and he said "YES!"

She used to be so tiny!

On Sunday afternoon's after church I used to go to the library sometimes. I sent John this picture of myself one time to show him where I was.

Our Living room before we moved in, when the carpet had just been done.

My favorite picture of John. He texted it to me when I told him I missed his face. I wish the picture was bigger.

Rob's first time at Disneyland. Rob and John hadn't been able to spend too much time alone together, and they were like happy little boys on this night.

I think I had met Miranda once or twice before this night, and enjoyed getting to hang with her and get to know her better.

I miss Toy Story Mania. :(

Mosrite's first night in our apartment. The picture that I sent to people and got LOTS of shocked responses that I had a dog. John was like "What were you, a dog Nazi or something?!?"

Baby Caleb was born 10 days before the wedding.

Mosrite was so tiny!

The first time I ever saw Mosrite. Kelly found him abandoned in the back of her truck at work. She brought him inside and texted his picture to John, who fell in love instantly. The was the day before he was supposed to move down before the wedding. The rest, as they say, is history.

Autopia. :)

Melissa took this picture of him working at their house the Saturday after I met him and texted it to me. It was the only picture I had of him, and I thought he was so cute.


Proof that he rode on California Screamin and didn't die.




The first time we saw Epiphone. We fell in love with her pretty quickly.

No comments: