Thursday, May 30, 2013

Best. Day. Ever.

Ok, so it has been a long time since I have updated.

All I can say is that I feel the most myself that I have felt in a long time.

Like, typing something for the blog doesn't feel like the hardest thing in the world.
Like, my pictures have finally been uploaded to the computer.
Like, my brain can actually multitask again.

Today is the best day ever because Owen is with my mom and I am out of school.

Don't get me wrong, I love being Owen's Mama. It is my greatest wish to not have to work so I can be a full time mama. I love taking care of his needs, interacting with him, stimulating him, educating him and just having fun with him.

Still, it has been amazingly AMAZING to have the house to myself today, quiet.
To actually be able to focus on a task and see it through, while knowing that other tasks are being done simultaneously. (For example, I started a load of laundry as my computer was copying pictures from my memory card to my external harddrive.)
To be able to do work on the computer while my fingernails dry.
To go to the bathroom without worrying someone is going to get into the pantry or choke on something or chew his books to shreds.
To drink an iced tea and watch "The Office" on Netflix.

Another thing helping my overall sense of well being is that I had a GREAT school year. Working in second grade with kids I have known since Kindergarten and with my amazing partner Jena did a lot for my confidence. It also meant that I don't feel the usual I-want-to-avoid-thinking-about-anything-all-summer feeling, and that I am totally inspired to be productive this summer.

I saw a Summer goals poster idea on Pinterest and decided to actually make it. I went to Hobby Lobby and got posters, and stickers and markers and a calendar. I wrote down fun things and chores and work things that I want to do this summer, and then also attached a calendar so I can plan out when we will do these things.



I've never been inspired to do such a thing, and it's been the perfect thing for the summer bored blues I would usually get. We've only been off a school a week and already had play dates and lunches with different friends, worked on the house and gotten work done on the computer. I can't tell you how good that makes me feel, and how awesome it is to look at the calendar and see fun things coming!

So, we have plans to decorate the guest room with a bunk bed we are buying from a family at church. We will have our 5th annual 4th of July party, and are going to San Diego with my parents and Aunt Kate who will be in town. We are going to Fresno this weekend, and hoping that Grammy and Grandpa will be able to come down as well. I am working for a friend of my dad's making calls to local electronics company, and have some planning and work to do for school next year, so it will be good to get some work done too.

Some more things for you to know:
  • We got a new-to-us car last week! We found a 2002 camry for a good price, and it is my favorite thing to drive, park and get gas for.
  • I am teaching 3rd grade next year, and I am excited for the change.
  • Blog entries stewing in my mind:
    • "Meeting Ryder"
    • "Owen es Uno"
    • "To Owen at 12, 13 and 14 months"
    • "Thoughts on the office"
    • "Summer Progress"
    • "June Birthdays party"
I think you can tell that I am happy.


:)


1 comment:

Miranda said...

This. Is. My. Favorite. Post. Ever. The end!

Oh wait. P.S. I love you!