We had quite an enjoyable Christmas, our first as a married couple.


Then it was home to enjoy a few days off, which came earlier than expected when John was told he didn't have to come in to work on Monday, since it was slow. We spontaneously decided to go to Disneyland.
Christmas Day we woke up and had Christmas at home first. John got me the best present! I have always wanted a license plate for the front of Gemma, and he got me a British one! I was really proud of him for shopping for it and buying it himself. I got him a bunch of random stuff that I think he liked. We got Mosrite a pet bed and a toy, both of which he proceeded to chew to pieces instantly. Then we went to my parents' to open presents and eat lunch. We got a lot of fun stuff, and had fun giving gifts to everyone. It was also good to see my gramps, who I hadn't seen in months while he was in Arkansas.
First we went to the Bryson Family Christmas (which was the day after school got out for Winter Break... I am not sure I have ever looked forward to a break more than to this one!)
Stopped in Gorman to go to the bathroom and saw snow! I am not sure who was more out of their element: me or Mosrite.
Photos from Christmas at Grandma and Grandpa Brysons': 1. Me and Tammy (Uncle David is behind us, who drew my name in the drawing and got me $25 to Target- Yay!) , 2. Uncle Ron and Kelly, 3. John and Tammy and 4. Keith and John (Grandpa Bryson is behind them. I think he liked my gift to him... I drew his name and it was really hard to find him something! I got him a set of key chain sized tools by Swiss Army from Costco)
Then it was home to enjoy a few days off, which came earlier than expected when John was told he didn't have to come in to work on Monday, since it was slow. We spontaneously decided to go to Disneyland.
Christmas Day we woke up and had Christmas at home first. John got me the best present! I have always wanted a license plate for the front of Gemma, and he got me a British one! I was really proud of him for shopping for it and buying it himself. I got him a bunch of random stuff that I think he liked. We got Mosrite a pet bed and a toy, both of which he proceeded to chew to pieces instantly. Then we went to my parents' to open presents and eat lunch. We got a lot of fun stuff, and had fun giving gifts to everyone. It was also good to see my gramps, who I hadn't seen in months while he was in Arkansas.
We had our 2nd annual "4 Days of Christmas," which should have been 5, but my mom and John shared a choice. Also, we ended up starting on Christmas Eve and carrying on til Sunday. I think I liked leading up to Christmas better, so we will have to plan better next year.
Night #1: Olive Garden, mom and john's choice
Night #2: Gourmet Pizza Shoppe, dad's choice
Night #3: Palm Paradise (cuban food), my choice
Night #4: Thai T, kate's choice
Overall, it was a great holiday, made even better by having great people to share it with!
No comments:
Post a Comment