We took Mosrite to the vet and he weighs 65 pounds. It was so easy for me to type that, but when I reread it, I realize that he weighs more than my average student, and probably more than I could bench press if pressed, so to speak. We have gotten so used to him being in our apartment, that it is easy to forget how much he has grown. I realized that I have taken a few similar pictures at different times, and that they show how much he has changed in less than a year.
He couldn't climb in without help in the first picture, and now he barely fits inside. It's pretty comical watching John try to finagle his hugeness (Mosrite's, not John's) into a tub he barely fits into and doesn't really want to get into.
In the garage (August, 2008, top. March 2009, bottom.)
We knew early on that Mosrite was not going to be able to be alone for very long. He would either express his loneliness very loudly, or get into things he should not be getting into. So, we started coming up with ways for him to be with us, wherever we were. We he was younger and littler, he used to be able to be attached to something strong with one leash. Usually the leash was out of cloth-ish kind of material. Quickly we discovered that when Mosrite wants to be un attached, he will do everything in his power to be so, meaning that the leash on the left has nearly been chewed through. Now when in the garage, he has to be typed up with real industrial rope, long enough so he feels like he can walk around, but short enough so he can't lovingly attack anyone who walks down the alley, get into anything, or knock anything over.
No comments:
Post a Comment