Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Thinking about these things makes me happy

  • Being called teacher. Some teachers get offended when students don't use their names. I look at it as my title, the same way you don't call your mother by her name.
  • The way Leah Jones says "Good morning, Mrs. Bryson" every morning.
  • my feet being warm and cozy
  • the feeling of a warm shower on a cold morning
  • looking down at the scale and seeing it be less than I thought it would be
  • John's hand shake the night we met
  • the fact that my planbook is all full for next week
  • that there are only 29 days left of school
  • that all of my students can tell you the difference between fiction and non fiction, as well as the authors of all of our class' favorite books (Mo Willems, of course, but also Jonathon London, David Shannon and Shel Silverstein)
  • that there are people in several different cities and states that know me and care about me
  • that there are people in several different cities and states that I know and care about
  • that I have a whole drawer full of post it notes and sharpies
  • that I have taught people of all different ages things that they really need to know
  • that I have all of Seinfeld on DVD
  • that I have so many things to think about that make me happy!

No comments: