It might not look like much, but it took a lot of effort. I am proud of how it all came together, and how much the kids have grown!
Thursday, March 18, 2010
I think it's ready.
Open House is tonight, and it is always an exciting night. It takes a lot of work and planning to get the room ready for viewing, but the kids are always excited to show off their work and their classroom to their families.
This is my favorite wall in the classroom. I change the paintings monthly to go with whatever theme or holiday we are studying. Theses paintings always come out great, so I am glad they lined up with Open House!
Of course we had to have a mini "shrine" to Mo Willems in our class. One student could read it as my mom was hanging the words (yes, I do give credit where credit is due...) and said "I don't love Mo Willems. You should make that say Mrs. Bryson loves Mo Willems." Using the word love in general is a gross thing at this age...
This is where the biggest part of my whole group instruction happens. Believe it or not, there is enough stuff hanging on the wall here to fill 20 minutes.
We do "formal" writing about once a month to hang up. I only staple their papers at the top so you can go back and see all of their work for the year.
The most sentimental wall to make all the moms cry on Open House: "Look How We've Grown." We ask everyone to send in a baby picture, and then we take a picture of them at school. We put the pictures next to each other on a sheet where we interview the kids about themselves. They are pretty cute.
This is the wall behind my desk. Again, giving credit where credit is due, my mom had the brilliant idea to make it seem like a wall in a cozy room, with a bookshelf and pictures hanging on the wall. You can't really tell here, but on the shelf are the spines of a lot of my favorite books that she color copied to look like books sitting on a shelf! I do feel cozy back by my desk.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment