The main entrance from Downtown Disney. We have used this entrance many times to eat at our favorite place (you will see pics of that later!) and also to get engaged. This was obviously the first time we entered through them to go to our own room!
The next few shots are of the main lobby. It is almost impossible to describe! I just love the design and architecture. I kept asking John "Is is possible for us to somehow add higher ceilings and exposed beams to our house? What about an inside balcony?"
Once we checked in (You sign in at the front desk, then they text you when your room is available!) we headed into the park. Our first ride is usually Indiana Jones, but it was closed. We walked right on to Pirates and Haunted Mansion, then had to wait in line for Thunder Mountain a bit.

I love posing with characters, but John doesn't usually jump up and down with excitement at the idea. There was no way we were not taking a picture with Woody and Jessie, though. In case this picture looks familiar later, it might be our Christmas card this year...
We finally rode the newly remodeled "It's a Small World." It didn't seem like it had changed much since I rode it last, which was probably when I was 3.

We explored Toon Town a bit as well, since we don't usually make it over there.

We are working on John's feelings about height and dizziness, so we decided to tackle the rockets on this trip. Proof that he actually got on here:


Then we found a deserted area by the pool to lay in the sun. This was one of those "being in the moment" moments. Let's just say I was very relaxed and at peace.
John was so peaceful he fell asleep!

I love posing with characters, but John doesn't usually jump up and down with excitement at the idea. There was no way we were not taking a picture with Woody and Jessie, though. In case this picture looks familiar later, it might be our Christmas card this year...
We are working on John's feelings about height and dizziness, so we decided to tackle the rockets on this trip. Proof that he actually got on here:
and that he actually rode it here:
Once we got the text to check into our room, we decided to eat lunch. We had some Christmas money left over that we had been saving for a "fun weekend," so we felt excited to be able to eat at places we wouldn't usually eat. I have always wanted to eat at the Storyteller Cafe and it did not disappoint.
Another thing I have always wanted to do was be in my pajamas in the hotel or in the park. I made sure I had flattering and modest and matching pajamas and enjoyed hanging out in the lobby.
We also went had had a snack in our usual favorite place to eat, Whitewater Snacks. We usually go there for a cheap snack in between parks, so it was fun to be there at night enjoying a treat. A stranger walking by asked if we both wanted to be in the picture when she saw me forcing John to take my picture. 


The next day we got into the park early and enjoyed it until it got crowded. We tried the breakfast buffet at the Storyteller Cafe, took a nap, took a walk to the other hotels in the area. (Grand Californian is definitely the prettiest, but the others are more kid friendly). We laid by the pool again, then decided to go back into the park.
We found the spot where the big band plays and people dance. We passed an enjoyable hour waiting for the fireworks (and also fast passed Thunder Mountain twice!) listening to the music and watching the pros dance!
We stayed in the park long enough for the after fireworks crowd to dissapate (and, yes, we finally see what all the fuss is about... The fireworks are pretty awesome!) then went back to the room. We checked out the next morning and went to morning worship services at Brea. Since John knew a lot of people who went there, it was funny for him to be recognized by friends of friends. We made it home in time to place with those babies (thanks to Pam and Adam for taking care of them while we were gone!) and head back to Ontario for afternoon worship.
Overall, it was a great weekend that I am so thankful we were able to spend. None of these pictures were intended to be bragadocious, so I am hoping that they don't seem that way. I feel so blessed to have the opportunities that we have, and to be able to share them!
No comments:
Post a Comment