Saturday, March 6, 2010

Why is it so stinking hard for me to walk into the computer room, turn on the computer, upload pictures and update my blog?

I can't really answer that question, except with this:

To use a Sheldon/Dad reference, I have stack overflow by about 4 in the afternoon. I cannot handle one more thing, and the idea of getting my camera out of my purse seems like the hardest thing in the world to do. Not to mention trying to come up with witty captions to accompany said pictures.

Here are some updates, at least, so I don't lose all (7) of my readers...

  • I am getting my masters degree! I am actually pretty excited about it. I will get a pretty substantial raise, and it should actually be interesting and applicable to my class at school. When I am done, I will have an M.ed. in Curriculum and Instruction with an emphasis in Literacy Studies. It is an entirely online program, out of the University of Texas. The best part is Teri is going to do it with me! I am currently researching deals on laptops and desks and leather chairs on craigslist so I can feel like a real student at home. Now I just need a bouquet of freshly sharpened pencils...
  • John's fam came down last weekend. It was fun, but rained a lot. It is definitely different to have a lot of people in the house, but it's awesome to have a lot of voices and fun things to do. I am also glad to have the room and the ability to welcome people into our home. John was excited to have so many guys to help him work on his truck, but bummed to discover that he needed a part (a bushing?) that was harder to find than he thought.
  • I did our taxes online, and I only had to call my mom three times to make sure that I was doing it right. The amount we are getting back is quite nice. We are going to spend some of it on fun things, and save the rest.
  • We had someone come out and look at our air conditioner and wow, is it ghetto. I am obviously not an expert in the inner workings of heating and air conditioning systems, and even I could see that it was poorly cared for and about a 1000 years old. The guy seemed trust worthy enough (and I am a skeptical person) but the total he gave us even after rebates and special deals was just too much for us right now. I was hoping that our tax refund would cover it, but not so much... Looks like we will be sweating it out again this summer, until I get a raise from my master's, I guess?
  • I am actually spending my teacher's budget this year. It is wierd to FINALLY know what I need for my classroom at any point in the year. (Go ahead-- ask me what we will be learning about next September. What songs will we sing? What books will we read? I can tell you right now!) In the past I have never felt like buying anything because Teri and Julie have collected and inherited so much over the years. This year I actually have some things that I want to have of my own, that I know where I will store them, and when I will use them. Right now I am personalizing and filling up my ipod nano to use with my new speakers that I was able to purchase with my budget. I am so excited to use music in a more effortless manner.
  • I love getting my nails done. Right now they are a dark, brownish, black color. The scary thing is that I can afford to get my nails done twice a month because I stopped buying soda at school!

I think that is all for now.

No comments: