This is more of an "Over-READ in Room 4."
Out of the blue during centers, a shy boy who has some anger and social issues handed this to me. He had feverishly been writing at his center, which was free writing. It is basically just a huge tub of all different kinds of paper and writing utensils, and the students are to spend the time exploring their writing skills. At it's best, students will write their friends' names or copy things they see in the room (at it's worst, they scribble, rip paper and punch holes in it and generally make a mess. They got in trouble for those things often enough, so that's pretty much over.) This sample of writing is what I would call amazing, especially because I didn't prompt it, and he motivated himself to write a lot independently.
Can you read it?
"too mrs bryson from JOJO
I LuV MRS BRYSON She is the BEST tetr I cuD eVRe haev Win I PLay with MRS BRYSON. itse Rilefun. I LOV with I go in too clas anD hug MRS BRSYSon."
Translation:
To Mrs Bryson, from Jojo
I love Mrs. Bryson. She is the best teacher I could ever have. When I play with Mrs. Bryson it's really fun. I love when I go into class and hug Mrs. Bryson."
I didn't tell him to write this, I promise. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment