Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Balentimes Day! (as a Kindergartener would say...)

Today was a great day. My class was AWESOME with all of the festivities, and they were so sweet and loving to me and to each other.


Just another bit of evidence to show how much things have changed... These were real conversation hearts found in the kids' boxes today. They all knew what texting and facebook were, but at least they all still thought that tweeting is something birds do.


I had Kate make me Valentine's cards this year, and I love them SOOO much! In case you can't see, it is a cartoon of me standing in front of a white board that says "Mrs. Bryson says Happy Valentine's Day!"

John and I celebrated Halloween with comfort food and small gifts. John was happy to have a Costco pizza for dinner and cake, strawberries and whipped cream for dessert.



My mom got me this super cute paper from the dollar spot because it had lovebirds on it. I got John crumb donuts and a car magazine.





John got me two fleece blankets from Target in their super cute Valentine fabrics. I think that buying gifts is not the easiest for him, and I appreciate that he is willing, even when I can be picky! He does that he can't go wrong with bright things from Target. :)





Even though I loved my blankets, John washing the dishes while I made dinner/dessert was my ACTUAL favorite gift.






Just for fun: a pic of my Valentine's tshirt. I don't generally like dressing festive (it's too easy a target with the whole Kindergarten-teacher-ugly-sweater precedent) but pink and red and hearts are always fun. My nails are pink and my shirt is from Old Navy.






4 comments:

kimblades said...

Love the valentines!!

Miranda said...

You were celebrating Halloween in February, eh? :) DARLING post. Loved,loved, loved it.

Molly said...

So funny, Miranda! I didn't even catch it until I went back and reread it... I was like "huh?!?" When I read your comment. I will blame it on spending time with 5 year olds...

Miranda said...

Entirely understandable. Your brain must be fried at the end of a day! I was thinking perhaps it was a sign that you like Halloween more than love day? P.S. your custom V-Day cards look so stinkin' cute.