We got a new truck!
Our aforementioned Carmax story is this:
I have been bored with my car for a while and John has been working hard to get his '66 Ford up and running. I had been mildly shopping around for what kind of car I wanted next, but nothing jumped out and grabbed me. Then we rode in my parents' new toyota tundra and fell in love with it. There was so much leg room and felt like a car inside. We realized that it would be the perfect compromise for us, that it's a truck, but easy to drive. In the future, it will be the perfect family car, since we can fit dogs, luggage, kids, car seats and anything else we might need.
John liked the Dodge version better, and we started doing some research. We ended up finding a 2008 at the Carmax in Costa Mesa. It was a little more than we wanted to spend (in fact, we were just looking, really!) but had only 23000 miles on it. We went to test drive it, and of course we fell in love with it!
We had enough equity in my car to help with the down payment. I promise that I left the other part to John. I remember how hard it was to get rid of Gemma, and I was not pressuring him in any way. I so associate him with that truck. I remember being excited when I would hear it coming to my apartment in it on Friday night, and feel said when I would hear it driving away on Sunday night.
Anyway, John said (ALL ON HIS OWN) that his truck was starting to go out. The transmission was going to need work, the paint was starting to peel. He had enjoyed his time in it, and it had lived a long and helpful life. He had been putting work into his old truck, and was excited about getting it going and having it be his main truck. In the end, while he felt a little nostalgic for the truck, he said it felt right to go for this new truck.
We ended up putting both of our vehicles up and driving away with this "new" one!
I LOVE driving it. I am still practicing parking, but it hasn't been too bad. We got another random check from the escrow company saying we overpaid for our house (the BEST thing about buying a house!) so John was able to order some new parts for his old truck. He enjoys driving it, and is happy to make it even nicer.
Pics to follow!
No comments:
Post a Comment