Monday, June 13, 2011

The only reason we go to Fresno.

We went to stay with John's parents this weekend, of course, we love seeing as much family as possible, riding quads, working on things, having barbecues, catching up, relaxing, playing music and just being somewhere else.
Let's be honest, though. The real reason we went, and the person we wanted to see the most was this guy:

We got to spend ALL day Saturday AND Sunday with him. Of course, I can say all the cliche things about him (he is so cute, he is so much bigger than last time, he is still so tiny, he is so cuddly, etc.) but those should be obvious. I was more interested in thinking about what is going on is his brain and how smart he is, how amazing God's creation is. He can mimic your facial expressions (I found myself opening and closing my mouth in a surprised face while he was laying on my lap. I promise that he watched me the first 10 times and then started doing it with me. He stopped when I stopped) and already has things he likes and doesn't like. My last Master's class taught me that he is already learning language and about the world based on how he is held and talked to. On top of that, though, he is just really cute and fun to hold.

It took John a little while to get comfortable holding him. After a few tries, he was better at it. He taught him how to "raise the roof" with his arms, and also discovered that you can insert "Miller" into "Thriller" and it still works as a song.
Could you just die looking at this picture? (I don't know why it is in Black and White...)
I guess some other things happened over this weekend. We took Madison and Delaney with us, and they seemed to have a good time. They both got to drive a real vehicle for the first time (on dirt roads, with plenty of adult supervision), shoot guns and ride quads. They also got to meet lots and lots of John's family. We saw Grandpa and Grandma Bryson in the morning because we were taking family pictures. I will tell you the whole story when I get the photos, but I am SO excited about how they will come out. We also saw Mamaw and Papaw and of course Keith. I love how much he loves John and how John acts like a kid around him.
Then there's this picture:
Only Justin, Rob or Keith can make him laugh like that, and I am glad I finally caught his face when he is laughing so hard his face hurts and he has tears running down his face. It was definitely a you-had-to-be-there kind of moment (Justin was sitting on Keith's lap pretending to be a puppet) and I was glad I caught it.
We also got to spend time with Uncle Ron (who I am going to start calling Ron Swanson, from "Parks and Recreation." They both have moustaches and are both awesome.), and Rob and Miranda. The next time we go up will be for Rob and Miranda's wedding in 2 weeks, but again, it will really be to see Miller. :)
I slept in until 10 am this morning after staying up late every night and getting up early every morning. Poor John had to go to work at 5 this morning. It was worth it, though!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was really good to see you and John and Madison and Delaney and all the surprises going on this past weekend, we always have a good time when we get together, and yes, Miller is always the high light of any get together, he is so precious, loved all the pictures especially the ones of you and John with Miller!