Sunday, June 5, 2011

Sadly, he will always be younger than me. :(

Just kidding, I am not that sad about it. He can take care of me when I am old.
Anyway, today was my love's 29th birthday. We celebrated with all of his favorite things: chili cheese fries, mint chocolate chip ice cream cake and Delaney (there were a few other people there too...)
I managed to surprise him with everything! He knew we were going to the Hat, but he didn't know I had gotten the cake and that I had invited people to join us. We all met there after church, and I was nervous it would be too crowded, but we were all able to sit together and enjoy a few hours before going back to church. The only bummers were being without John's family on this day (but we will see them next weekend!) and that my mom was too sick to come. :(
A portrait of the birthday boy.
A portrait of the birthday boy and his BFF.
John's idea of Heaven.
We filled up 5 or 6 booths full of friends and family. We weren't going to sing to John (I was going to let him get away without it) until "Bubba" (bottom, right) started singing loudly as I was lighting the candles on the cake. We all finished the song and then the whole restaurant clapped. John looked like he wanted to die, but laughed when it was over.

I am glad that I ordered the bigger cake! Everyone enjoyed it. John enjoyed telling everyone that he hasn't had one in 3 years because I won't let him. I guess I shouldn't wonder where I get my reputation... I was just glad to get him something I knew he would want and enjoy.
Caleb enjoyed the cake! He also enjoyed playing Angry Birds (by himself!!) on my phone.
Our little impromptu lunch party worked out well, I think! It was the first time I had tried to do anything like that, and I was happy that so many people came and that we all seemed to enjoy ourselves.
Happy Birthday to my lovie, the best husband ever. It is hard to believe that we have only been together for 4 birthdays because I can't imagine or remember my life without him!
In order to finish this blog on a not-so-mushy note, I asked him what he wanted for his big birthday next year, since I was so celebrated for mine. My loving, adoring husband said that he wanted a "Smokey and the Bandit" themed party complete with mustaches, trucker caps and cowboy hats. I wish there was an emoticon with an eye roll, because I would use it right here. I suppose :/ will have to suffice.
I guess I have a year to get that together!

2 comments:

kimblades said...

Caleb just saw this and said, "Hey, it's John's birthday!" He told Bonnie, Laurie and all the kids that it was John's birthday today too!

Anonymous said...

Looks like alot of fun going on for Johns Party lunch, we will have to try the Hat sometime,those chili fries looks HUGE! i love the mint and chip cake, yummy!!