As much as focusing on my belly will probably never be fun for me, I find that I don't mind these pictures. The "bump" has grown so gradually that I haven't really realized the changes until looking at these pictures all back to back.
I tried to do my best to remember to take my picture as often as possible, but I usually come home and get straight into my pajamas. As a result, it looks like I always wear the same jeans and my hair in a pony tail, and while this is almost true, I do like to actually fix my hair and wear dresses from time to time. :) My overall style has been different maternity t shirts (I realized fairly early on that I wasn't going to be into the high waisted flowy tops, or anything that wasn't cotton) and scarves to accessorize. I can still wear my favorite tank tops from H&M underneath and they help with length coverage and overall smoothness. I thought I would be wearing dresses all the time, and while I do love my dresses (and many of them still work now because I have maternity tights and they are all empire waisted and stretchy), I have leaned toward the first pair of straight leg jeans I bought at Ross the day I had to wear my regular jeans unbuttoned at school around week 14.
As I said before, I don't like to toot my own horn, but I do receive compliments about my size and shape fairly regularly. That makes me feel good, and makes me hope that I will have a good attitude about myself after.
Week 14: My favorite maternity jeans and a regular top. This pic definitely makes me appreciate my size before being pregnant (since I had only gained a few pounds at this point) even though I probably didn't then.
Week 16: Maternity Top from Target. These fit me kind of funny until the last few weeks. They are stretchy but have extra room, so until I had a real belly they just looked like a t shirt that fit weird.
Week 18, Moustache and Bows Party at Kim's: Same jeans, regular top.
Week 23: This was early in December, which is the month where I really seemed to grow. This was when I thought I had a "B Shaped Belly," just because I am not totally round. These are the kind of shirts I wear the most, with the ruching on the side. I didn't think I would like them at first, but they are really flattering, and I got them in every color from Target.
Week 25: This was the picture that made me say "WHOA" after John took it. This is when I feel like I went from looking pregnant to those who knew me, to looking pregnant to anyone. This is a regular non-maternity shirt from Old Navy, by the way, and I can't believe anyone would want to wear it who wasn't pregnant! It would be hideous unless you have no curves at all. (I think that's why it was marked down so well...)
Week 27: This was the first day back to school, and I heard nothing but "Wow! You popped out!" all day long that day, since we had been out for 2.5 weeks. I got this dress at Kohl's for $4, by the way.
Week 30: This is me this week. A parent in my class told me today, "You're 30 weeks?!? I'm pretty sure I looked that big at like 20 weeks!" That was nice to hear.
Obviously, my students have known for a while, and former parents have either figured it out or talked amongst themselves to find out. What has been funny this week is having young former students see me on campus and realize it. "Mrs. BRYSON, are you having a BABY? Like a REAL baby?" My kindergarteners are still young enough that they don't ask me too many questions, but my first graders are more mature and ask me about him all the time. They give me a hard time when they see me eating something, saying "Is your baby supposed to be eating that?" and today they were laughing at me because I couldn't bend over to pick up something I had dropped.
Since I have taken pictures every other week or so, it is crazy to think that I will probably only take 4 or 5 more pictures and then I will never want to look at my belly again. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment