I am 30 weeks along.
This means the baby will be here anywhere from 8 to 12 weeks from now.
Hence the like, whoa.
The good news is, I have felt amazing. Like, better than I feel not pregnant. I am more motivated, have more energy and just feel overall good and happy.
For example, the last two weeks John has been working like crazy. Starting early and getting home late. He has had to cancel plans and has even missed church. At different stages if our married life, his hours would have panicked me. I would have wondered if he was dead if he didn't answer my texts. I would have sat at home staring at the clock waiting for him. (to be perfectly honest and a little TMI, I think "the pill" really affected my mental stability) for these last 2 weeks I have still been frustrated at him being gone more, but I have been much more rational about it. I have gotten things done, made plans with others (I went to my first montclair basketball game in years and had forgotten how much I had missed it. The smell and sounds of the gym when I walked in really took me back to some fun times.) and didn't stress nearly as much. This has been a nice change and I'm sure it's been a relief for poor John.
I have felt more on top of things at school, and will probably have some positive news to report on the job share front soon. Suffice it to say, as soon as I let it go, God provided an opportunity that feels like a good compromise. I will share more soon.
We have been going to birth class and I have really enjoyed it. Our teacher is a saucy Brit named mindy cockeram and we have really appreciated her candor and honesty about all of our choices out there. I feel like the classes have prepared me for some of the more technical aspects of birth, while helping me to keep an open mind about it. I know that there is still so much we don't know and can't prepare for, but it has been a good experience nonetheless.
The baby's room is ALMOST done. Poor john has been working so much that I have felt bad asking him for too much help. Luckily my mom and aunt judy were there to step in! They painted the room while we were at work, and then came back on Saturday to get done what we could without John.(he had to work and then got sick!) The closet and the curtains are done, so now all that needs to be done is the crib and the dresser and then deciding what to hang on the walls. I started going through some of the clothes that people have given us, and asking for advice about the best way to organize. I want to be on top of things!!
Speaking of "things," my registries are done. We are registered on amazon.com (there should be a link to baby registries on the home page and you can just look by me or John's names.) and at Target. I chose amazon just because it's where I shop the most. The prices are better than in stores, and there is more to choose from. I know it might be hard for some people to order online, but at least you can see what kinds of things I like and maybe find them in store.
I have been taking belly pics, and I promise I will post them soon. It still just feels weird to focus on my belly, but I feel better about it than I did in my last pregnancy post. It's still not shaped exactly how I had hoped, but I like it better than I did. Not to toot my own horn, but I get told that I look great all the time. At first I would deflect the compliments, but I just decided to start believing and enjoying them. I think it helps that in feel so good, so I am happy overall. I love my clothes, and enjoy mixing some of my dresses that aren't maternity with other maternity clothes.
I guess that is it for now. It is so crazy to think how different I feel now, than I did at first, how much more in love him and am getting excited for him to be here. I know that it is really going to speed up now, with finishing the room, baby showers and going on maternity leave. Thanks to everyone for the great advice and support that I have already gotten, and I can't wait to share him with you!
1 comment:
There are a few more Montclair games left this year.... :)
Post a Comment