It is already 2009 in many parts of the world, but we still have 1 hour and 22 minutes. I have been thinking a lot about this year ending and how much has changed since this year started. I started this year unsure about a lot of things, but very sure about others. I was certain I would marry John, but couldn't have imagined what it would feel like to get engaged, plan a wedding and be married 7 months after the year started. Included in that was deciding where we would live, which of us would move, change jobs and uproot an entire life. My granny was nearing the end, but I also couldn't imagine what it would feel like to be in a world that she does not exist in. My gramps has also been through a lot of ups and downs, which has made me think a lot about my own mortality. On top of all of this is just life in general, learning how to live with someone, how to be a wife, teacher, person, and above all Christian and not lose my sanity.
Suffice it to say, 2008 has been a banner year. I can truly say that I am a different person than I was when the year started. I am glad to have experienced all of the things that I have experienced this year, and hope that I have learned from them. I can't wait to see who I am this time next year! It is very refreshing to be able to say that, when in years past I have felt there was no reason to expect anything would be different. This year and the last have definitely taught me that anything is possible. I look forward to see what's coming next, and wish the same for you, whoever you are!
No comments:
Post a Comment