I have had the idea for this post for ages, and am just now getting it done. This has been a great year for holiday cheer, from how our house is decorated to actually having fun plans with people we love.
I was so excited to decorate our living room for Christmas, because it is the first time I have the room actually painted with nice furniture. We had a yard sale to get rid of some stuff and the be able to buy the decorations I wanted. I have always wanted a white Christmas tree, and was able to get a 4 foot tree with all of the brightly colored ornaments that I had envisioned. The green tree has all of my childhood ornaments and more traditional Christmas colors. 
Instead of a star at the top of the tree, we have love birds.
I took 70 pictures trying to get a good one of the dogs together for our Christmas card. We tried putting them in the back of the truck to force them to stay all together, but we had to wait for 10 minutes for them to calm down about being up there. Then I stood on a chair and John stood with them in the truck with treats. The next 2 are just a few of the many outtakes, and the last one is the one we went with.
Mosrite and Epiphone cuddling in the garage, keeping each other warm.

Kindergarten was in charge of throwing the Staff Christmas party, and we hosted Bahooka Hawaiian Restaurant at Teri's house. About 20 people came, and it was good food and good times. When the drinks started flowing, though, it was time for me to go home.

It was fun to sit around the table and laugh over everyone's embarrassing stories.

Kindergarten was in charge of throwing the Staff Christmas party, and we hosted Bahooka Hawaiian Restaurant at Teri's house. About 20 people came, and it was good food and good times. When the drinks started flowing, though, it was time for me to go home.
It was fun to sit around the table and laugh over everyone's embarrassing stories.
Also included in this month has been Deann's Holiday White Elephant Party (I got a cute Christmas throw and John got a Home Depot card in the gift exchange), Madison and Delaney hanging out, the aforementioned Elf Party, a multicultural food celebration in my Adult English class and finishing my 6th masters class !!
All of this things have made for a very enjoyable season. As for the actual holidays themselves, I am still kind of uncertain about what will happen. JD and Tammy are here now, until Wednesday. We will spend time with my parents this weekend, and then Justin and Kelly will most likely be here over New Year's. I want to make plans with friends, relax, go to the gym, read and watch sappy British movies.
No comments:
Post a Comment