Sunday, July 12, 2009

Blah.

So this was kind of a blah week, hence the title of this entry...

I could just never get myself really motivated to do anything, and it seems like each day was over before I knew it. I suppose that's no way to live life really, but can be relaxing every once and a while. This is my excuse, anyway.

We had our first party on 4th of July and it was really fun. This is the other part of my excuse for the laziness that occured this week: me, John and my mom spent a lot of time the week before getting ready for the party. Making curtains, getting the yard ready, buying furniture, moving our old furniture (which, by the way, was never picked up. We had two people call from craigslist, and both never showed up without calling.), putting furniture together, cleaning, etc. That just meant that this week was not a week for work. Anyway, the party was great. A lot of people showed up, and we all enjoyed sharing desserts. Wyatt Short played with Mosrite and Ibanez, and both did surprisingly well with all of the people moving in and out. Winona Short made us a picnic caddy all by herself at a workshop at Home Depot, using real wood, nails and a hammer. This is made all the more impressive by the fact that she just turned 4 years old. Everyone was very congratulatory, and was also nice enough to give us a tree that grows money! Actually, it grows oranges, but it had money on it when we got it... The fire works started around 9:30 at Upland High School, and we had an excellent view from our front yard. Overall, it was a very satisfying experience, one that we hope is a new tradition. (I will post pictures from the evening as soon as Joy emails them to me: I couldn't find my camera, and didn't realize until after that it was sitting in the dock on my computer the whole time!)

It has been lovely to be home this week, since we have a new tv and furniture. We finally bit the bullet and bought a flat screen, digital tv when Target had a really nice one on sale. It goes really nicely with our tv unit we got from Ikea. Our entertainment center is made up of the tv unit that is made specifically to mount flat screen tvs and two tall bookshelves on either side. We went through and organized all of our DVD's and books, and everything looks really nice and sophisticated.

I wasn't too hard on myself for having a lazy week, because I know I will look back on it during school and really miss it! This week is already looking way better: hopefully it will consist of lunch with Vanessa, pedicures with mom, and lunch with some ladies from school. The best part is that we have booked a hotel in San Diego for our anniversary this weekend! John has never been, and it was always our vacation place when I was growing up, so we are looking forward to it.

Hopefully I will also update the blog more this week too!

No comments: