Monday, June 29, 2009

In other news...

  • I have been playing with the blog. My cousin Julie's blog inspired me to mess with the layout and features, etc. (She actually inspires me in a lot of ways, but I barely know her, so I can't tell her... I guess I should though!) I chose this layout and design off of a free template website because it reminds me of the paper we used inside our wedding invitations.
  • A lot of celebrities are dying for strange reasons. I am uncertain about how I feel about this. Actually, I am certain: I don't care that much, and I'm annoyed with the media for making me feel that I should care. I have never seen Farrah Fawcett in anything except that poster hanging on Eric Forman's wall. I only know Ed McMahon from the Publisher's Clearing House Sweepstakes. I love infomercials, but only the kind that are pretending to be cooking shows, not the kind where Billy Mays is yelling at you to buy something. I do have some pretty funny memories of Michael Jackson, though. I can barely remember a time when it was cool to like him: Captain EO at Disneyland, the Chipmunks sang "Bad" in the cartoon, and even trying the moonwalk in the kitchen because the floor was more slippery. I also thought that the lyrics to "Billy Jean" made no sense: why is he saying "The chair is not my son?" I was in chorus in 7th grade and we sang the song from Free Willy, and I remember it giving me goose bumps every time. Everything after that, though, is just creepiness. I guess the point is, I barely have enough space in my brain to deal with what is going on around me, let alone drama with celebrities I don't actually know. (Unless we are talking about their kids. For some reason with that, I have infinite time and space to spend.)
  • Ibanez got her stitches out yesterday. She is quite happy. She has spent the day running around and napping in a variety of positions that were not possible for the past 2 weeks.
  • We are going to get new furniture and make new curtains this week. We actually have someone from craigslist coming to get all of our living room furniture tonight. My mom and I went last week to look at Ikea to get ideas, and after spending ages there, finally figured out what would complete our living room. I am proud to say that all of the furniture is unique, but not dorm-room like. As much as I hate to admit it, I am past that stage, even though I never even lived in a dorm that I had to furnish. We still have to decide about the curtains for the living room, but hopefully it will be appropriately furnished by the end of the week. Tomorrow, though, we are going to Joann's to finalize the curtains for the kitchen and should be able to get them done.
  • Have you ever been really curious about someone that you don't know and aren't really supposed to know? That has been happening to me lately, and it is frustrating to know that I can't ever get any more information than I have at the moment. Then I remind myself that knowing this information would just frustrate me more, so it's not worth it and not even that important. Oh well, I will just delve more into the lives of celebrity children to take my mind off of it.
  • I have been reading Public Enemies by Bryan Burroughs, which is the book the new movie is based off of. It is fiercely interesting, which is cool, because sometimes non-fiction books don't keep my interest. Next on my reading list is On the Road by Jack Kerouac, which I reread every summer.
  • We finally have digital tv in our bedroom, thanks to Mom T and Dad JD. It is pretty cool to have more channels, but I don't really see what all of the fuss is about.

Well, I think that is enough of my rambling for today. Anyone have any rambling of their own?

1 comment:

stephanie said...

is it me you are curious about? I knew it! Well Isa is good. We are having her bday party on Aug 1 so I hope you are around. She is in her exersaucer babbling about dada. Mama hasn't even escaped her lips yet. It sounds like you've had a full summer already, and it isn't even July yet! I went to my reunion and it was good, surprisingly. Other than that it has been errands, hair etc.