"Leading with my Heart" Alice Peacock
"Call and Answer" Barenaked Ladies
"Dear Prudence" The Beatles
"Aint No Sunshine" Bill Withers
"You're the One" The Black Keys
"More than a Feeling" Boston
"Dime" Cake
"Where You Lead" Carole King
"A Home" Dixie Chicks
"Peaceful Easy Feeling" The Eagles
"Love is a Sweet Thing" Faith Hill
"The Most Beautiful Girl in the Room" Flight of the Conchords
"Lonely Place" Goldfinger
"Broken" Jack Johnson and Friends
"Who Needs Shelter" Jason Mraz
"Just a Ride" Jem
"Get Down Moses" Joe Strummer & the Mescaleros
"Stand By Me" John Lennon
"Gravity" John Mayer
"Clarity" John Mayer
"Guess Things Happen that Way" Johnny Cash
"If Only" KT Tunstall
"Under the Weather" KT Tunstall
"Mrs. Actually" The Like
"Slow Down Jo" Monsters of Folk
"Invincible" Muse
"Simple Kind of Life" No Doubt
"A Certain Softness" Paul McCartney
"Souvenir" Paul McCartney
"Demon Daughters" Phantom Planet
"King of Pain" The Police
"Don't Get Me Wrong" The Pretenders
"1963" Rachel Yamagata
"Game of Love" The Redwalls
"On the Radio" Regina Spektor
"Silver Lining" Rilo Kiley
"Reflecting Light" Sam Phillips
"Let Your Soul Be Your Pilot" Sting
"I Know I Know I Know" Tegan & Sara
PS That was a lot longer than I meant it to be.
PPS That was a lot more emotional than I expected it to be. Every single song took be back to a single specific moment that happened in Fall. No big life changing moments, just a snapshot in time that I probably forgot was in my brain. Everything from hearing Kate learn to play the bass through the walls of her bedroom ("I Know I Know I Know) to explaining to Kim that Regina Spektor was talking about my life. I literally felt sick to my stomach hearing "Silver Lining" because I listened to it while driving to meet John very early in our relationship. John Mayer knows all of my thoughts (at least he used to, pre-hair cut and Jessica Simpson) but puts them in a way I never seem to be able to. He always tells me how I am feeling when he releases his albums in the fall. Anything Paul McCartney says or does reflects some point in my life, in fact, it was hard to choose only 2 of his songs. Having one of my first independent shopping trips at Target in my own car, with my own money, on a day off from school and buying Faith Hill's new album. Popping it in and driving home and thinking that life cannot get better. Gilmore Girls is referenced twice, since new episodes finally starting in fall after the summer off was a big deal: the theme song ("Where You Lead") and a song from one of my favorite scenes in the show ("Reflecting Light"). Others might just be listening to them while driving and hearing a lyric that means something. Others might be hearing them while seeing something pleasant to the eyes. Others might just sound good, and the albums came out in the fall...
PPPS I don't know if anyone cares about any of these, or if it makes sense. I want to remember!
PPPPS I wish I could get paid to make playlists for people. It is really the only thing that I am interested in doing for long periods of time.
No comments:
Post a Comment