Friday, September 30, 2011

And now for something completely different, AKA the Great Tortilla Debate of 2011

Me: Do we have any tortillas?

Him: Yeah.

Me: I know there is a big stack of corn leftover, but I wanted flour.

Him: Oh. No, we don't have any flour.

Me: I couldn't remember if I took them to school for my snack or not. Wait, I remember, I made a burrito 2 days ago, there should still be some left.

Him: Well, yeah, we have the brown ones.

Me: Brown ones?

Him: The wheat ones, but those aren't flour.

Me: silence

Him: Flour tortillas are white and taste good. Wheat tortillas are brown and taste bad.

Me: Um, Lovie? They are both flour tortillas, but one is more refined and less healthy than the other.

Him: Technically speaking, yes. But if you told someone at the store to get you some flour tortillas they would bring home something different than the stuff you have in there.

2 comments:

Miranda said...

I like this post. Very, very much.

The Kranky Crow said...

Send those corn tortillas over this way. I live in the land of corn, yet they're a scarce commodity, unless you want them crunchy and packed pre-formed in a box.

And did I ever tell you about the time a waitress offered my mom "tor-til-lah soup"?