So last Friday, I managed to convince my dad to come over and help John get started on our closet. I had high hopes for getting it totally done in the next 2 days, but wasn't sure if that was possible. Luckily he didn't have to work on Saturday, like he thought he might!
On Friday night, John and my dad did demolition, cutting off the shelf doors and cutting out the shelf at the top of the closet.
The next day, John got up and painted the closet. I hadn't realized how groty the inside of our closet was, so I was glad that John was willing to to paint primer and a new coat of paint. Even just doing that made a huge difference. I couldn't paint or be near the fumes, so I was cleaning and organizing the rest of the house.
My mom and Aunt Judy were nice enough to bring us lunch and to help John hang the closet kit. I am not sure how he felt about having so many opinionated women "help" him, but he hung in there and got it done. :)
His last job that day was hanging the curtains and curtain rods. My mom and I saw these curtain rods at Ikea and thought they were perfect, since they hang from the ceiling. The curtains were also perfect, because they came with bonding strips that meant all
I spent the rest of the week putting our clothes away. I was bound and determined that ALL of our clothes and shoes were going to go into our closet, and I was successful! I went through my shoes and consolidated again. John and I went through all of the drawers in our room to make sure they were maximized. Yesterday I washed and ironed every piece of clothing we own and they are currently hanging up. We both hung up what we wore to church yesterday, and I even put my shoes back in the exact same spot. (This is huge, by the way.)
I am so thankful for everyone's help in this, and thankful for the opportunity to teach my English class, since that extra cash is what paid for it. I am so glad that we gone this done first, since we didn't have any time or extra thoughts to design our closets when we moved in, and since I know that we won't have time or money after the baby comes. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment