Friday, October 19, 2012

October is now awesome.

Remember how I have written the past few years about how awful and difficult October is?
 
I don't feel that way anymore! I don't have homework to do, I am only working 2 days a week, my English class feels like a breeze and being Owen's Mama is a pretty fun life.
 
Add to that the fact that John was able to take a week off AND we got to meet Justin, Kelly and Miller in San Diego for a few days and it has just become my favorite month!
 
 
Owen's first time to Roberto's, wearing his new vintage Spidey jacket

We walked around Mission Beach for just a little bit because it was raining here and there.

Owen's first time riding in his stroller without the carseat. He did great, but I missed being able to see his face.

Since it was raining, we hung out inside at the Taylor Guitar factory. Justin and my dad both have Taylor guitars, and it was pretty cool to be able to see where and how they were made.



Owen could already tell that Miller his is cool cousin. He was always watching him and laughing at him. I can't wait (but I am also just a little nervous) for them to play together.




The next day we went to "Owen's Beach" (more commonly known as Ocean Beach). It was GORGEOUS weather after a rainy night, and it was lovely to sit out on the beach. Miller ran around and dug in the sand, and Owen got to put his feet in the ocean. He liked it at first.

He didn't like it so much when the cold-ish waves came up and splashed him by surprise, though.

My favorite picture. I predict there will be lots of these in his future.

While on this trip we also got to have Mona Lisa's and Woodstocks. We went to Seaport Village, and stopped lots of places for Miller to be able to run around.
 
We came home Friday afternoon, and enjoyed spending time together. Saturday was a strange day  because John and Justin decided to have a father son day and Kelly and I didn't know what to do with ourselves! We went to lunch and shopped at Ontario Mills and got home the same time as the boys.
 
We went and picked up dinner and enjoyed a lovely evening meal in the setting sun, sitting at our table in the backyard. The Black Keys were playing on the stereo as we ate, with Miller and Owen babbling, us laughing and chatting with the twinkle lights shining amiably above us.
 
I looked around, and I was happy, and I thought, "If this isn't nice, I don't know what is." :)
 


1 comment:

kimblades said...

Love that Ob picture! that quote is a great one too!