Thursday, October 18, 2012

The Mom Stays in the Picture

"I'm everywhere in their young lives, and yet I have very few pictures of me with them. Someday I won't be here -- and I don't know if that someday is tomorrow or thirty or forty or fifty years from now -- but I want them to have pictures of me. I want them to see the way I looked at them, see how much I loved them. I am not perfect to look at and I am not perfect to love, but I am perfectly their mother. "
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/allison-tate/mom-pictures-with-kids_b_1926073.html


My effort to "Stay in the picture":



I hate that I don't have eyeliner on, that my hair looks dirty and how my top fits me as I lay on my not-so-favorite-sized belly. These are the first things I noticed when I saw this picture.

When I looked closer, though, I noticed that I look like I am one boy's mama and one man's wife and that I look happy where I belong.

The first things don't matter, and how sad that I noticed them first.

Here's to seeing what matters first, and only.

No comments: