It continues to shock me how I feel about Ibanez. I was so overwhelmed by being newly married, having John in the apartment, and just everything that comes with that, that I was not able to enjoy Mosrite when he was younger. I thought he was cute, and was glad that we had him, but also felt frustrated frequently by him. He was so floppy and loving, and wanted to be so close to us at all times, never wanted to be in his box, never wanted to go to bed, never wanted to be alone, etc. etc. etc. I knew he was important to John, though, so I learned how to be a dog owner, and eventually came to love him. As much as he was a pain, I would imagine myself saying, "We can't keep him, he is too much of a pain. Let's get rid of him." and would cringe imagining myself being that kind of wife. Anyway, I fully love Mosrite, but more because I had to, not because I wanted to.
With Ibanez, I felt like I wanted her when I first saw her. Yes, I was frustrated by her, and worried that she wasn't bonding to us at first, and thought that she would never get potty trained, and was annoyed at having two dogs to take up and down the stairs. With her, though, I am more confident about what she needs. She is active, but more confident that Mosrite, so she is not as needy. I don't need to rely on John to handle her, and now by extension, I can more handle Mosrite. I worry about both of them now, and don't like it when I can't see them in the backyard.
This post has turned waaaaay mushier than I intended it to be. It was actually inspired by this picture. I love this picture because she found her way into this chair in the garage after sitting in my lap earlier in the day. She had just had her rabies shot and was not feeling well, so she was extra cuddly. Now this is her favorite spot.
No comments:
Post a Comment