The plans got more involved when we thought it might be fun to invite John's family. It ended up working out perfect: John took Friday off of work, so we took the trailer down early Friday and spent about half the day at Disneyland. John's family (including Uncles Mike and Ron, yay!) came down late Friday night, and then we spent all day Saturday at Disneyland.
Enjoy photographic evidence of the fun that was had below...
In front of the Rapids in California Adventure. Notice that John needs a hair cut, and that my hair looks fantastic.
Since we were on vacation, and not just using our passes, we enjoyed ourselves a little more than usual. By we, I mean John, since he is the one who got the Mickey shaped ice cream!
We wanted to feel like we were really on vacation, so we waited for the pool to be empty, and John went for a swim while I read my book and got some sun. Then we went for a walk to get sandwiches from Subway and played cards after we ate. I don't know about you, but this is my exact description of a wonderful vacation from my childhood!
The view of the fireworks from the trailer park.
As I said, John's fam got in extremely late. I am not sure if I was awake or even very friendly when they arrived!
We got up early the next morning and ate before heading to the park. We lucked out soooo many times, the first of which being getting free parking on a blackout date for annual passes. I am not sure how or why this happened, but we weren't asking any questions! It was one of the most successful Disneyland trips I have ever had. We rode about 13 rides in about 8 hours, and most of those we walked on, with literally no wait, including Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Thunder Mountain, the roller coaster in CA adventure and Pirates. The weather was awesome, and the place was not that packed. The only reason we can figure that Saturday was less crowded than Friday is because Saturday was a blackout date, so other people with passes like ours would not have come. It was worth spending the extra money to go, and we are now thinking about getting the passes that are allowed to go all year!
The guys waiting for the girls to be ready.
Kelly is my homie at Disneyland because she gets pumped. Everyone else only says they are excited, but she and I like to show we are excited. Until either of us get hungry or tired, then we just like to show that we are grumpy. I had Kelly run ahead to take her picture in front of the castle.
The whole gang: John, me, Kelly, Justin, Mom T, Dad JD, Uncle Ron and Uncle Mike.
Our first ride was Space Mountain. This is the first of many times you will see what I like to call my "ride face." As you can tell, John did not like it as much as I did...
Next was California Adventure.
Kelly always noticed the characters walking around, but was never able to take a picture with one. We all stopped and posed with Pluto.
We were all pretty wiped out after little sleep the night before and walking around in the heat from 9 to about 6 or 7. We left the park and went to Denny's for dinner. I am pretty sure I was in a haze for most of this meal, since I don't really remember it!
We got up Sunday morning and all worked together to clean up and pack up. We made it to church just in time (John and I had to hike to church from a school parking lot that was about 3 blocks away since we were hooked up to the trailer!) and then ended up having lunch with everyone instead of going our own separate ways.
We were sad to have to come home, but excited that we can do it whenever we want, especially because everyone has passes!
No comments:
Post a Comment