We took the truck, but since we had to pack dog boxes in the back of the truck, everyone rode inside. Mosrite did very well in the backseat, mostly napping the whole way. I can't say the same for Ibanez, who mostly wiggled and rearranged herself the entire trip. Keep in mind that with her collar on, she has no depth perception so I was whacked repeatedly. She did finally get comfortable and fall asleep, though.
Mom T and Dad JD breed golden retriever puppies, and decided to keep one as a pet. This is Tiffany (but in my mind her name is Sugar, and I call her Sugs.) and she is the cutest thing, besides my babies, of course. I will say, though, that she is calmer and sweeter than either of my babies were at her age. I also admit that my thoughts went to getting a puppy like her for ourselves, but then I saw her grown up version and was able to convince myself that we are fine as a family of 4 for now. 
It was funny to see a puppy smaller than Mosrite looking up to him as the cool guy. Usually littler dogs don't like him (Mr. Roper, Justin and Kelly's dog, refuses to even look at him), and big dogs like Rocky think of him as a young punk. Even Ibanez never looked up to him, just started harrassing him to death from the day we brought her home.
John was happy to ride his three wheeler, even if he remembered mid-ride that it has no breaks. I was happy to make Vanessa jealous that she was working and not able to come with us to ride. I think she will definitely come with us next time!
When I first started coming to see John, I thought Rocky was the biggest, strongest, nicest dog I'd ever known. It is crazy now that Mosrite is the same size if not a little bigger. Still, though, Rocky is like the wise, older dog. In my mind, his voice is an older man's, like Clint Eastwood.
Overall, it was a nice weekend getaway!
No comments:
Post a Comment