Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Update

I cannot believe it has been almost a month since I have updated! I haven't been able to post because we don't have internet at home (I live in a house!!) yet, and for some strange reason, our school district doesn't want us updating our blogs when we should be teaching kids. Strange. Anyway, I borrowed the internt from my mom for a few minutes, and thought I would share that we get internet at home on Friday (10 mb/s, which is really fast. The only reason I know this is because my dad teared up when I told him... He nearly bought our house from us when I told him we lived in a FiOS neighborhood, since he doesn't...), so I will be posting like crazy. I have already written several blogs, about the move in process, the unpacking process, and snap shots from living in a house vs. apartment. I will have lots of before and after pictures and funny things to share. (Don't get too excited, though, just in case they are not that funny or impressive...)

Here's just a small update for now:
  • Mosrite and Ibanez are totally different dogs. I am very happy about this.
  • We are functional with the boxes that are currently unpacked. I am happy/unhappy about this.
  • My dishes that I got as wedding gifts do not fit in my kitchen cabinets.
  • I cannot seem to train my brain on the proper procedure for footwear going inside and outside: do I leave shoes off so they don't track in dirt? Then my feet are always dirty and poked with stickers. Do I leave the shoes in the kitchen or in the garage? How often should I mop? I am confused about this.
  • I can tell you where everything is in our local Home Depot.
  • I can install light fixtures, assist with installing ceiling fans, paint, organize and arrange with style.
  • John can do plumbing, install hot water heaters/garbage disposals/electrical outlets, caulk the shower, and so much more that I am annoyed even thinking about it.
  • It is a luxury to put a load of laundry in whenever I feel like it.

More soon!

No comments: