Friday, October 28, 2011

A Smurftastic Halloween


This year all of the teachers were Smurfs. One of the teachers came up with the idea earlier in the year, and it was fun to all dress up together and decide what our names should be.

I thought about revealing my surprise at school with my smurf name, like the two other teachers who are pregnant. One friend revealed that she was having a girl by making her smurf name pink. Another friend's Smurf name was "Mama X 2." I decided I would be around too many parents and I wouldn't want to talk about it all day. I ended up being "Sleepy Smurf," which is fitting. I carried around a pillow and a blanket and got to wear my pajama pants. The girl standing next to me in the pic was one of my favorites, she was "Country Smurf" and looked like a smurf ready to hit a line dancing club. Our principal was Papa smurf complete with beard and red pants.

Overall, it was a good day. A little crazy, but they did really well considering how much was going on.

As far as I am concerned Halloween and October are over, so bring on Fall, cool weather, days off and nothing to do!