Tuesday, December 20, 2011

"Christmas" in Sanger


We spent a lovely weekend with family this last weekend, and got to get the Christmas feeling going a little early. We weren't able to go to the Bryson family Christmas last year because of John's work schedule, so we wanted to do our best to make it this year. This year is a little strange for me, because usually I would have been off of school last Friday, but because of Christmas falling on a Sunday, for some reason we are still in school until tomorrow. We usually make the trip so that either one or both of us doesn't have to work the following Monday, so this was the first time I can remember both of us having to work the following day. It was worth it, though!

Friday night started with a sleepover at Mom T and Dad JD's. It was really fun to have everyone there together, including John's "brother" Rob and his wife Miranda. She is also pregnant and due a few weeks after me, so it was fun to compare bellies and prego stories. Of course Miller was fun too.


We woke up the next morning and relaxed together. Mom T made her usual delicious breakfast and everyone enjoyed chowing down. We opened presents together, and Miller did so well. He opened his presents and  then played with them while we opened ours. We all couldn't help but realize that next year at this time there will be 3 babies to open presents, which seems so hard to believe!



I was so excited to find a gift that met all of Kelly's specifications (she is not super strict about them, I look at it more as a challenge to find the perfect gift!): made in America, no plastic (BPA or Phlalates), no paint or dye, plus it is cute and one of a kind! I found this mustache teether on etsy and Kelly is modeling it here. She is also modeling the gift that I got her, which is also wooden, handmade in American and free of any chemicals: a teething necklace that says "Miller's Mama."

Chewing on his mustache while we open presents.

Then chewing on Mom's necklace.
Kelly, Miranda and I were all surprised and thrilled to recieve real diamond earrings for Christmas! Mom T shared that she got her first pair of diamond earrings from her mom when she had John, so she wanted to pass that tradition on to us as we had our babies. Lucky me, to go from having no diamond earrings (and no ears pierced!) to having 2 pairs in one year! I think I am going to get another hole in my ear to wear both pairs at the same time.

John was happy to have lunch at Chapala's that day, too.

Later that night we went to Grandma and Grandpa Bryson's house and it was nice to see relatives that we don't always get to see.

On Sunday we all went to church with John's parents, and invited some other family to go with us to lunch at Sal's, which is one of my favorite places.
John and Miller outside Sal's.
Mom T and I went to the Game Stop close to their house, because they finally got a Wii, and I wanted to make sure they had good games! She bought the country line dance game, and I bought the Zumba workout game. (On a side note, I played it for ten minutes yesterday and was DYING. I am definitely out of shape, and need to get working on that.)

We came home after evening worship, and were in bed by 11. Like I said, it was definitely wierd to go to bed so late after a trip and then have to get up and go to work, but it was fun.

Tomorrow is my last day (until January 9th!!!!!) and our Kindergarten performance. Tonight we are starting our annual "4 nights of Christmas" by going to Heroes in Claremont. Thursday night is our 2nd annual "Elf Party" and then Saturday will be "Christmas" with some of my family. We are doing breakfast for lunch on Sunday between church with my parents.

Lots of blog posts to come, I feel like I have lots to share!

1 comment:

kimblades said...

I love both of the teething things for Miller! Great ideas!