We decided to be the most spontaneous for our last meal: We went all the way to San Diego to have Roberto's!
First we went to Fry's for some last minute Christmas shopping, then we headed down. It was a gorgeous day, mid-70's, sun shining and not too crowded. We enjoyed being able to sit outside and watch the historic wooden roller coaster go by.
John and I both had burritoes, my dad had a taco and enchilada combo and my mom had taquitos. It was all AMAZING.
The only thing that ruined it was that I borrowed John's fork to take one last bite and it was covered in hot sauce. I licked it before asking how hot it was an instantly regretted it: my whole tongue, mouth and lips caught on fire and would not stop burning. :(
Afterwards we went for a drive through La Jolla and made the obligatory stop to Warwick's. I got the new Elephant and Piggie book that I have been looking for, and John was excited to get a Thomas Guide map of San Diego county for work.
This has been a lovely year for our tradition, but we agreed that we need to make some changes next year. Dad and I say that we need to try the cuisine from at least one new country next year (I vote for Peruvian) and the Weight Watchers queen (my mom) says that it would be better to spread out all of these rich meals over the whole month of December rather than all of those points/calories in one week. We will see how that goes...

No comments:
Post a Comment