- "I will only eat half of this pizza tonight, and save the rest for tomorrow." (John)
- "My daughter's favorite author is Mo Willems because of you." (parent from last year)
- "Teacher! Remember last year when you told us we would love our first grade teacher like we love you? You were RIGHT! I DO love her! I love her, AND I love you!" (student from last year)
- "First grade is not as much fun as Kindergarten for parents. I might come back and work in your classroom instead." (parent from last year)
- "I will do the dishes." (John)
- "I knew you would take my idea and be off and running." (my principal)
- "You handled that well." (John)
- "Teacher, I will like you." (English Language Learning adult student after first class)
These words were so simple, but they meant so much. I hope it doesn't sound like I am bragging: I know someone who always manages to include someone giving her a compliment in every story she tells, so I am sensitive to sound like I am complimenting myself. (as always, I am not talking about you...) These are just the kind of words that everyone needs to hear for affirmation. They have definitely meant a lot to me, and serve as a reminder to me that it is easy to give compliments and build someone up!
No comments:
Post a Comment