Saturday, October 16, 2010

Wherein Katie Morris becomes Katie Burruss

Yesterday was my cousin Katie's wedding. It is so hard to believe-- I remember on my birthday in 1990 my dad saying "I think you might have a new cousin. If not now, soon." As it turns out, she would be born about 2 weeks later. That girl is now someone's wife!



Katie and her family moved to Lake Elsinore a few years ago, so I haven't been as close to Katie, her sister Bonnie and her parents Harold and Paula, but I have so many memories with them. I was fine when Katie was getting married because everything was so cute, but then when they played the DVD of their lives all of those memories came flooding back... teaching Katie piano lessons, going camping and playing in the mud with Katie and Bonnie, learning how to cook mexican food in Paula's kitchen, watching Shirley Temple movies on saturday afternoons, killing 3 of their pets three years running while house sitting for them (by accident, I promise!), and so many more. It is so crazy how time flies.



Their wedding was at the San Diego Women's Club which was right downtown, near Balboa park.

I drove, and Kim and Gracie rode with me. We had fun listening to romantic music and doing crossword puzzles in the car.
The table decorations were pretty. Our name cards were on cards pinned to lemons, and there were M&M's with Katie and Adam's faces printed on them!


Paula looked gorgeous! Her hairdresser was sitting at our table, and I kept saying what an amazing job she did. Not that she doesn't always look great, she just looked extra fantastic. Adam walked her down the aisle.








This was the best picture I could get of the wedding-- my camera kept focusing on Vanessa's back. Vanessa and I both agreed it was a good kiss.


Me and Kim at our table.


Me and Denise and Vanessa


This one was for my mom: since she couldn't come, I knew she would want the details of the dresses. Bonnie looked so graceful and grown up, and all I could think about was how much she loved Barney and how she used to shout "I will go see Molly now!" at the end of every church service.







Crazy thought: Bonnie is the age of these two girls in my mind! How much of a mess will I be when Gracie and Winona get married?!?



How amazing is my camera?!?!? I LOVE this picture, how it captured the movement, and focused on Katie's face. I was also happy that I was able to leave the flash off and still capture movement without it being blurry.



Katie had just come back from having her pictures taken, and was sitting at the head table. I took matters into my own hands and went up to have my picture taken with her.




Another one for my mom: Katie's dress was from David's Bridal, and they had lace straps added for walking down the aisle. For the reception she had a super cute bolero jacket. She wore a short little veil with a flower on it the same length as her hair during the ceremony, and then wore just flower for the reception. She looked great.







The cake was made of individual cupcakes that were gluten free and organic. :)



They played a really funny game where they had to hold one of each's shoes, and hold them up when answering questions about each other. It was really funny.


Wyatt was wearing a snazzy hat. I think this would be the cover of his jazz album.



Since the wedding started at 3, it was over around 7. When I looked on the map, I noticed that Mona Lisa's was literally around the corner, so we just HAD to stop by. I mentioned it to the Grows, and they were down, so we had a nice little after party. Vanessa and Kim were the only other ones who had been there, and everyone agreed it was the best.pizza.ever. (Yes, Miranda- I said it...) John was happy, because I brought some slices home for him.
I looked around the table at the smiling faces of a lot of people I love and felt a nice warm glow inside. I am thankful for family and friends. I am thankful for special, spontaneous times. And, I am thankful for pizza.












Oh yeah, Wyatt came too. :)
Congrats to Adam and Katie!

1 comment:

Miranda said...

You're gettin' bold with your pizza commentary, friend! I can't wait to try this so-called "best pizza ever." When shall we go??