Thursday, November 4, 2010

Day 07 → Someone who has made your life worth living for.

Do I even need to say it?

Of course it's this guy, right here.

There is nothing I can say that hasn't already been said by me and by many sappy girls in many cheesy movies, but it doesn't make them any less true.

I lived without him for a long time, enough time to know he was the one, and that I needed to marry him right this second. He was worth the 3 hour long phone calls every night, the 500 mile round trip drives every other weekend, and worth every hassle that came with a long distance relationship.

I can't even say what it was that made me know. I always said that I probably wouldn't get married, that I couldn't stand anyone for that long, that I wouldn't be able to be a good wife and not kill anyone that I had to spend that much time with. Something about John (from that first handshake) made me think consciously "this makes me nervous, but I need to get over it." Whatever it was, his sweet, shy confidence or his morality or his smiling, kind eyes or his sense of humor, made me see a future that I had never thought was possible.

Anyway, on to the topic of this entry. My life was worth living before him, obviously, but having him makes everything better. Fun things are more fun, sad things are easier to deal with, there is a tremendous amount of relief in knowing that I don't have to figure it out all by myself. It is like being wrapped in a warm blanket to know that we share the same thoughts, that he will be home when I get home, that he holds my hand when we cross the street.

Don't get me wrong, he drives me CRAZY. Even having someone to drive you crazy is a cozy feeling, in a wierd way. I think he secretly likes that I cook for him and fuss over him. As much as it bugs me, I expect him to react how he does, and would be sad if he didn't say anything. (Don't tell him, that, though!)

I try to be thankful for him every moment possible, and try not to fear or worry about not having him again. (Even with my best efforts, I panic when I don't hear an answer from him within an hour during the day...) I want to build him up and spend time with him because I like him, not because I have to. As much as it is hard for me to believe, doing that makes my life better. Go figure, huh?

Honorable mention:

those who have made my whole life worth living (and I guess, possible in the first place): my parents

someone who makes my work life worth living: Teri

those who have made my musical life worth living: Paul McCartney, Gwen Stefani

those who have made my entertainment life worth living: Matt Damon, Audrey Hepburn, Lucille Ball, Jerry Seinfeld, Judi Dench

No comments: