- I hate the feeling of wet where it is supposed to be dry. (This explains my hatred of water rides, humidity and puddles)
- If someone asks me when I am leaving or when I am arriving, I have to say a time on the quarter hour. (like "I leave for school at 7:3o," or "We leave for church at 7:15.") Even if I leave the house at 7:27, I could never say that this was my goal time to leave.
- I can't leave school without leaving a post it note on my desk of the 3 things I will do the following morning.
- My hair cannot get wet, unless I am in the shower. Don't even ask what will happen if it does. (Honestly, I don't know, because it has never happened.)
- It is hard for me to have fun if what we are doing was not my idea. (Selfish and stupid, right?)
- I could (and frequently do) drink any kind of Diet Soda any time of day, all day long.
- I hate when I can't remember or find something. I can't be calm about it.
- I can fall asleep at the drop of a hat.
- I am tired even if I get 9 hours of sleep.
- I would rather eat leftovers straight from the fridge than heat them up.
- I am afraid I will have to go to the bathroom really bad and not be able to so I go to the bathroom every time I see a bathroom.
- I have had to go to the bathroom really bad and not been able to go and have thought to myself "Hey, this is not that difficult."
- I don't work well when a consensus is necessary. Not that everyone has to think the same as me (though that would be nice!), but I would just rather work on my own.
- I would rather talk to a few 5 year olds than anyone my age.
- I would rather talk to a few close friends about serious things, than mingle or make small talk.
- I like attention on myself on my terms. I have no problem with public speaking when I am in control of the situation. (My classroom, making comments in Bible Class, doing any kind of presentation) Take that control away (social situations, participating in conversations with a lot of people) and I clam up.
- I can't let people see me eat bad foods.
- I can't touch the bottom of my feet unless I have lotion on my hands.
- I like to make lists.
- I put everything that I will do all day in order in my mind the second I wake up in the morning.
- I have an endless amount of room in my brain for celebrity trivia.
- I could never leave the house without mascara.
- I love to plan, just because it helps me make sure I will get everything done. Unfortunately, this is slowly but surely draining me of any kind of flexibility.
- My instincts are usually right, but I rarely think about them when I am busy planning and making lists.
- It makes my day better to know that I am in the middle of an episode of whatever tv series I happen to be watching on DVD in my bedroom. I so look forward to coming home and starting from the same spot where I left off.
- I track what time it is and how many miles I have driven, how much of a movie has passed or how much work I have done.
- I get a little thrill when all the numbers are the same on the clock, or when my odometer numbers make a pattern.
- I get a song stuck in my head from seeing something at a passing glance. I will all of a sudden be singing a kids' song or an old hymn because I saw some vague reference without realizing it. I will have to retrace my steps to remember why I am singing it.
- I have cuh-razy dreams. Not night terrors or hallucinations, but usually really busy and stressful ones. At least twice a week I have dreams about my church building and the surrounding areas.
- It was really easy to think of 30 crazy things about me. What does this say about me?
Thursday, March 31, 2011
30 wierd things about me
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love when you write posts like this, because I secretly find myself relating to a GOOD chunk of them. I love that you're unique and honest, and I am loving this serious on 30!
Post a Comment