Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Update

Things are good.

I just started my 8th Masters class, and I can't help but do the math that I will be 3/4 of the way done when I finish it. I like it so far, it is about teaching writing. Part of the class is to freewrite for 30 minutes a day. There was a time when this would have been overwhelming, but since I have had the blog, I find I can do it more easily. This might mean that I might be on the blog a little less often for the next 5 weeks since I will be writing so much for my class.

I still love my truck, and John still loves his truck.

I did our taxes and let's just say that there was a nice result.

We are already planning our trips for this summer, and I am really looking forward to some real time off in the sun.

The weather has been colder than usual lately, and by cold, I mean like a low of 40 degrees. I haven't been able to wear sandals in a while, but that is okay because I love all of my boots.

I have made a stylistic decision recently: I only ever want to wear dresses with black tights, everyday, ever. Nothing feels more comfortable or flattering than a variety of combinations of certain color dresses with a different color tank top underneath, black tights and my black knee high leather boots. I have either been wearing them with my cropped denim jacket or my black boyfriend blazer and my favorite gauzy scarf. I am hoping that this means that I have style, and not that I am slowly but surely becoming the fat lady in the mumu.

I am going to be an Aunt in less than 2 weeks! I can't wait to find out what Justin and Kelly's baby is, what the name will be and to see how it feels to be an aunt. As someone who has been blessed with a plethora of awesome aunts I take the role seriously and look forward to getting to take the kid to Chuck E. Cheese and let them spend the night (Aunt Sue), buy random gifts and say "Happy Birthday!" on a random day (Aunt Judy), make really unhealthy but super tasty dessert for them (Aunt Emma), or just have a cool place for them to visit. (Aunt Donna) We plan to give them some space as the baby is born and come up at visit when I am on spring break. Depending on Baby Bryson's arrival date, he or she will be a little more than a week old.

Some special friends just got engaged, and I am soooo happy for them. I don't want to reveal their identities until I am sure that it's okay to be discussing. :)

We ate Green Eggs and Ham today, and we are going to the farm tomorrow. Good times.

I have actually gone to the gym everyday this week, and it feels good.

I am more than a little obsessed with Top Chef. I am going through all the seasons on DVD and watching reruns whenever they are on. Something about it is diverting for me.

Um, I turn 30 in exactly one month. I am sure I will end up writing a whole post about how I feel about this. As for right now, it doesn't feel like that big of a deal other than the thought that is this: I am a grownup. Wierd.

I think that is all for now.

3 comments:

Miranda said...

Girlfriend you are gonna be an aunt SOON! (Yay!!!!)

I am just dying for some MB time. ASAP, please.

P.S. Feel free to discuss. The word is out. :)

Molly said...

I know!! I am currently on a bus headed for the farm for a field trip holding tight to my phone waiting for the text!!
I have been thinking about you so much, knowing we need to catch up. We will for sure meet when I come for spring break!

Miranda said...

When is spring break? I want to make sure I'm around! The farm sounds fabulous. I am watching and watching my phone. Tammy just informed me "labor isn't so bad- totally worth it" and I don't believe a single bit of it. Safe bus travels, friend. xoxo