Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The answer(s) to "the question"

The question being: so does Miller make you want to have a baby?!?!?

The bratty answer: no.

The short answer: yes.

The answer when I am feeling cornered: never.

The real answer: yes, when I am done with my masters I can think about that.

The real, long answer: Of course! I wanted a baby and knew I would have one someday when I held Madison that first time almost 16 years ago. I have felt it every time I have been lucky enough to hold a little one on the day of their birth (Madison, Delaney, Dylan, Gracie, Emi, Luke and Caleb, just to name a few) and knew it was just a matter of when and how. Holding Miller was no exception. Now that I have the how taken care of (in the form of an awesome husband) it is still just a matter of when. When I know the answer to that question I will tell you.

Now you know.
So please don't ask again.

3 comments:

Miranda said...

I wish there was a "like" button. And for the record, I was mortified when Rob asked you...SO sorry.

Grace2Dow said...

Can I just say that I will never understand what makes people think that is any of their business? I mean, I don't ask people, "So, when are you going to lose that extra 10 pounds?" Surely that would be considered rude and invasive!

Molly said...

I suppose I should be fair... I know that it's a real question for many people who care about us, and that I can't blame them for wondering when we will have kids. I am trying to tell myself that I want my life to be the business of the people that I care about so they can help and support me when I need it. I guess the key idea is "the people I care about." The people I don't care about are the ones who get the bratty answers. Maybe I should ask them when they will lose those 10 pounds? :)