Kelly has had the idea and the desire to have a photoshoot of all of "the guys" holding guitars, including Grandpa Bryson. This never really seemed feasible to me, as I just assumed that hiring a photographer would be too expensive, and how would we get everyone to be in the same place at the same time?
Kelly's sister came across a photographer on craigslist a few years ago and hired her to do a family session with Kelly's whole family. The pictures were so beautiful that her sister, Andrea, referred her to several families from church, and now she has done Kelly's brother's wedding and several maternity and newborn shoots (including baby Miller at a few days old). I still assumed she was expensive, just because the pictures were all amazing and you hire her by the hour, and when Kelly assured me that she was not, we decided we would hire her for our shoot. The timing worked out perfectly to coincide with John's Birthday, Tammy's Birthday and Father's day, so this was our gift to everyone.
The photographer's name is Michelle Delgado of Shebreathestudios and she is a natural. I don't know if she has had training or not, but I just so appreciated watching her work and being able to talk with her about our goals for the session. I couldn't help but notice that her camera was just like mine (but with a fancier lense), which totally inspired me.
I was also encouraged by the fact that I saw this first picture in my mind before we shot it. I described getting the blue sky between the trees and doing different angles, as well as catching candid moments between the guys (since none of them can pose!) I guess this means I need to just get out there and learn how to capture this myself!
The next picture is the other goal from the shoot: getting 4 generations in one picture. We also got Mom T a frame that says "4 generations" on it, and I think this will be perfect in it.
Again, I love the candid moments.
The whole family, including Rob and Miranda who went to have their engagement session with the photographer right after we finished!
I had never even noticed this little barn on the back of John's parents' property. It is super cute and ended up being an awesome backdrop.
I love this family portrait. I want to compare this picture with other family pictures to see how little John has changed over the years. :) I was telling Mom T how Costco will print pictures on canvas, and I think this one would be perfect for that.
Me and Kelly's last goal of the photo shoot: getting these guys together for some good pictures. This has proven to be impossible for the amount of time I have been around, and these were the ones she and I were most excited to see.
Overall, we were so happy with the experience and the outcome. Michelle did amazing, natural work, and was able to make everyone feel comfortable (even those who usually complain about having their pictures taken!) and relaxed. I am happy to see that this is becoming a trend in photography, meaning that my family will always have our portraits taken like this rather than posed at Sears or JC Penney. (And it actually costs about the same, believe it or not!) That is, unless I can just learn how to do it myself...











No comments:
Post a Comment