Rob and Miranda got married in Monterey last weekend. It was a small, intimate affair that we were honored to be a part of. Since Monterey is only a few hours' drive from Fresno, we decided to make it into a little mini vacation.
We started at the aquarium, and how could you not be excited to go somewhere with this guy?
I tried not to take too many pictures of fish, even though the colors and movement were pretty tempting to try to capture with my camera. I tried to only do shots with us in them, or that might have a more artsy feel. These are only a few of all that I took!Kelly moved right as John got Miller to smile. I think the picture still came out cute. (John loves Miller, by the way, and I love that.)
Kelly admiring the baby sea horses.
Miller loved this tank. He did such a good job that day that we were all surprised when he was overly tired and cranky that night. That was when we realized he had been out in public ALL DAY from 7 am until 9 at night. I get cranky when I am busy for that long, poor guy.
Anyway, we think he is a genius. :)
After the aquarium we got lost trying to go 3 miles to the hotel (Thanks a lot, google maps!) and had just enough time to change clothes and head over to the rehearsal. I was honored when Miranda asked me if I would take pictures of the event, and I had fun pretending I was a professional.
Tammy was excited to walk down the aisle with Rob.After the rehearsal we had dinner at Gianni's Pizza and then the girls went out for ice cream. It was nice to be out in a new place, and we had fun chatting, but Kelly was ready to get back to Miller and I was ready to go to bed.
The next day we hung out in the hotel resting and relaxing and then walked around the quaint little town of Carmel. We walked down to the beach, but I didn't feel like taking off my wedding shoes to hike down to the ocean.Kelly and I teared up when we saw Rob all cleaned up (in his Ben Sherman suit, Miranda would want me to point out!). Kelly has even more right to be proud than I do, since she has taken care of the man a lot more than I have.
I am pretty sure that both of these guys looked the exact same way when they met in 4th grade. :)
Kelly enjoyed playing with my camera and started saying "OOOh, I love that smile! Gimme a little more of that. Yes, that's it! Keep that up!"
Aww, the kiss. Don't let Rob fool you: he totally cried.
After the wedding was a lovely, intimate dinner at a restaurant near by. The menu looked like something out of Top Chef (grass fed Kobe beef with vegetables sauteed in a red-wine vinaigrette, etc.) The best part was the Kobe beef sliders that were served before. Everyone agreed that we could have been happy with just a plate of these!
At the table.
Lovely table settings. (Side note: all of the glasses that you see are filled with Sparkling Cider, just to be clear.)
The reception dinner was by far the fanciest meal I have ever eaten. I was the only one to order the chicken, but I did taste the steak since I have never had one before and I figured if I was ever going to eat one, now would be the time.
The cake was the most amazing cake I have ever tasted in my life, and I did not feel guilty about eating my whole piece and then devouring all of the leftovers we brought home the next day.
We were so honored to be part of the select few that were invited to this wedding. Rob is John's oldest friend, and we are proud of how far he has come. We are thankful he found Miranda and that they have a spiritual connection that we can all encourage to grow, as they encourage us. :)
1 comment:
Thank you for taking such fabulous photos! I'm so glad you were there to share our day <3
Post a Comment