I was so excited when people started asking me in June if we were going to have our 4th of July party. It meant that we had started a tradition that was going to continue! I honestly thought about not having it this year, when I realized that we would be traveling the day before for the wedding, but I decided I would rather power through and keep up the tradition! We ended up being so glad we did, and the party was a huge success.
I decided to have Joy help me make sure that we take a group picture each year. Next year we need to have a better set up to make sure we can see everyone's faces. (Also, I want to do a little photo booth type set up with props to be able to take silly pictures.)
Caleb was brave enough to let Ibanez give him kisses. The dogs did pretty good, only barking at the kids a little. John put them in bed when the fireworks started, since they started to get nervous.
The dessert table was loaded up! Be sure to notice my lovely 4th of July table runner that Aunt Judy made me! Also notice the two plates full of cake bombs that continued to be a hit. Last year it seemed like they took forever to make, but this year I really figured out the process. (I am going to include here that I need 2 bags of chocolate from Michaels' for every cake baked. Having one extra might be a good idea, just in case. I know I will look at this blog again next year before the party, so this will help me remember. Oh yeah, don't forget to ask people to bring chairs. I am not sure how we forgot to mention that this year!)
We are so excited to have our new members Cordell and Carlene and their 2 kids. They are loveable people, and also make AWESOME food. :)
Caleb saw John on the play equipment and said "Jo-ohn. Whatchu doing there? I coming now. John! I COMING!"
Corn hole in the front yard until it got dark.
This year we had lots of glowing items. I liked these glasses because they made the kids look like Wall-E.
I made sure I had music set up appropriately this year, and everyone seemed to enjoy the musical ambience in addition to the fireworks. We agreed that we are going to ask the city to trim some of our trees back next year so we can have a better view.
After the fireworks, everyone cleaned up the kitchen and we went to bed.
We were glad that it was a success, and we look forward to keeping up the tradition next year! (Hopefully we won't be traveling the weekend before, as it has taken me 2 days to recover! Poor John has had to go right back to work... Luckily we go on a real, relaxing vacation next week!)

1 comment:
great pictures! Just now got to finally look at them!
Post a Comment