Monday, July 11, 2011

It's just wrong.


I am in an amazing house in Cayucos, I can hear and see the ocean from where I sit. Yet, instead of looking at that, I am looking at my lap top. :(

I have a rather large assignment due later this week and I am trying to concentrate on getting it done now, but it is, shall we say, difficult to care about the rationale for my research question, let alone write 18 pages about it...
It is made even more difficult by the fact that I am here without John. We spent the weekend at his parents' house, and this morning I drove to the west toward the Central Coast and he drove to the South toward home with his dad. He has a job interview tomorrow, so he will be headed up here afterward tomorrow. I suppose some time apart is a good thing, but the last time I was here without John we weren't married yet, and it is making me kind of wistful. I suppose I should take that as perspective and be glad for all that I have when I have it (him) with me. :)

Well, I suppose if I spent an hour typing, I would be an hour closer to being done...

Check with me in an hour to see how that went...

1 comment:

auntgail said...

That setting looks awfully nice.