I think I haven't wanted to write about this trip or look at these pictures is because it was over WAY too quickly. It went by in such a whirlwind, starting at John's parents' house, then Delaney and me driving to Cayucos (while John went home for his interview-- he has his second round of interviews tomorrow, by the way!) and then spending the week with John before heading back to his parents' house again. Add to that the fact that I had homework, and I never really felt like I was able to connect with vacation feeling, and then I felt mad at myself for that. I was able to get over that, and finish my homework, and still have fun, but the trip never reached the heights that I know it should have.
All that being said, I am still so glad we went, and it was a great trip. (We are planning to make up for the lack of relaxation by possibly taking another trip over Thanksgiving or Christmas break, when I won't have any homework!!!!! and IF John gets this job, he will have paid time off!!!!)
The first thing, and one of my favorite places: the Los Osos Farmers Market with Kim, Aunt Sue and Gracie.
With my Farmers Market bag made by Aunt Judy.
Cayucos at Sunset.
I was so happy when John finally arrived. He came straight to the beach and played in the ocean first, and then later we went to check in to our hotel.
I have to be mushy for a minute: when I used to go on this trip with my cousins before I was married, I used to fantasize about staying at this hotel with my husband (whoever it might actually be. In my imagination, I am sure it was Matt Damon...). Kim and I used to admire it on our walks, because it is a small little strip of rooms, all labeled with different themes. I even took pictures of it because I liked how it looked I really did make myself stop and appreciate the fact that I was actually staying there with my real super hot husband that I love so much. That girl back in the day didn't really believe it was possible.
John's first night meant a bonfire on the beach.
Our hotel had a super cute little garden to rest in. It was beautiful and had a view of the ocean. We took a nice little nap after staying up so late for the bon fire the night before.
I have passed by Duckie's a million times, because it is right by the pier, but had never eaten there. We decided to try it, and it was yummy. It in no way compares to our new favorite, though, which is Sylvester's in Los Osos. It is a little hole in the wall kind of place (the best kind, usually) that serves different kinds of burgers. I had a turkey burger and it was amazing.
John has always wanted to learn how to surf, so we decided that there was no time like the present. Delaney decided to try it with John. It probably took them 20 minutes to put the wet suits on... :)
The teacher's name was Chase and he looked like Zac Efron. I found myself giggling and blushing at him the whole time. :) He did a really good job with them: he taught them basics on the sand, and then took them in the water.
They both did really well. John was able to stand all the way up and ride a wave all the way to the shore. Delaney finally got better at wrangling the board that was about twice as big as her.
The dads were happy to pass the tradition of the kids burying an adult in the sand on to John.
We went for a drive to Cambria and had Mainstreet Cafe one day. I think I like Sylvester's better now, though.
I am proud of us, because we really just spent time on the beach every day. We went into SLO for the Farmer's Market, and another day for Woodstock's, but we really just tried to relax.
We went back to John's parents' Saturday afternoon. It was nice to spend time with the family, and with Miller one more time, since we probably won't be back up for a few months.
I am so glad we went, and I will keep that beachy feeling on my mind as much as possible, especially as I go back into my classroom... :/
1 comment:
I want to head down to the coast...that's where I love it the most
Post a Comment